Resource icon

PL pl_madword 2024-03-09

GuardianAngel

L1: Registered
Jun 17, 2018
GuardianAngel submitted a new resource:

pl_madword - a map from a different time

A map a made a long time ago back in 2018, when i'd just make a map in full and never play test them

I recall the idea being Red has taken over Blu's base and plan to use the missiles to blow up the near by city. 5 CP Payload.

Not sure how it plays, but i enjoyed going back and looking at my past map

Read more about this resource...

Chillmera

L1: Registered
May 6, 2024
I like the map so far and I think its pretty well done. I do have some feedback for it:
  1. I found a bug where after Blu captures the 2nd payload capture point, Red players who die spawn into the spawn room of the last point, however, the doors to that spawn room will not open until Blue captures the 3rd payload capture point. You may want to double-check the doors and spawn room for Red to see if they are being triggered by the same capture point.
  2. This is more of an aesthetic thing, but I find the outside areas of the map a bit too "bright" due to the lighting and textures used. Not as in bloom or full bright, but the color scheme and lighting do not have as much contrast in some areas, making things appear brighter and, in some cases, a bit more bland. For example, in the 6th screenshot of this page, the building that you see with the off-white color, could use a different texture (maybe a red or red brick texture might work better here?) to help contrast it from the other buildings in the area or maybe have the brush work cut in such a way that you have multiple textures on the building (like adding red lines across the top, middle, and bottom of the building) so that it makes the building stand out a bit more to help contrast the surrounding area better. The details on the building itself seem fine otherwise. A few areas around the map are similar and either need similar treatment as well as a few more details to be added to them to help with contrasting.
Aside from this, the gameplay of the map is fun, or at least I think so, and I did enjoy playing the map. You've got something good so far, it just needs some more polish. I hope this helps!