Outback

Outback rc4

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Ok, I played this on gameday. Thought I'd comment:
Like Grazr, i got two goes on offense, one defence. I think Blu won each round, though my last play though on Red we held them quite well for a while. Overall very good, and fun!

so... hmmm.

First part was very open, so changes above are welcome.

My problem wasn't snipers, but the lack of decent SG places. This continued for most of the map: getting a gun up somewhere it could be shot by sollys and snipes was trouble.

We held near red spawn 2 for a while, but even there, the many paths for blu to take limited gun effectiveness, and once Blu got several ppl on the cart, there was no stopping them. I don't know if you play as engi much, but you should give it a try, then think about putting a few SG hideyholes in. Add ammo nearby to encourage SG placement, with disp and teles. This creates a good rallying spot for red to launch attacks from.

Hope that helps a bit!

The first part of the map is a lot smaller now in b7 and I tried to put more ammo pack around the corners for engis to build guns.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Lovely map. Balancing is kinda good and the detailling is looking great. I don't have a lot to say, but I have 5 screenies for you (they are all going about little things, details, etc.):

pl_railroad_b70002.jpg

^The cart isn't placed well on the tracks, it's moved a bit to the right

pl_railroad_b70003.jpg

^Those displacements need fixing

pl_railroad_b70004.jpg

^This ammo has an ugly shadow

pl_railroad_b70005.jpg

^Not cool (the door)

pl_railroad_b70006.jpg

^I don't know if this is fixable, but I see a weird square arround this 'Fire extinguisher overlay'.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Gameday today went great, obviously everyone liked it as it got extended.

One thing i noticed what i belove was blu's second spawn on the stairs leading up to the top exit the door didnt open for me but i could walk through it. It s probably my side not the maps but i figured i would post it anyway.

Before blu caps the third point, i think everyone can agree that its a bad choke-point due to reds close spawn, easy to push up on blu spawn, and the lack of side routes. Its not a horrible choke point as we got past it multiple times, but it could use some work. When blus kart get pushed almost up to the third point, reds spawn is right their so they cant do anything and end up getting camped, but if blu doesnt make it up that far then blu cant do much due to reds close spawn. I like what you did with the red spawn their though, but its to close to the point, or the point is to far up.

Also on the first point their are stairs to get on the roof of the building outside blu's spawn. Their are also tires and barrels on both sides where you can jump up on the roof. Its clear that you want to make players able to use those to get up top, but it kinda hard to get up their as it takes multiple tries to get up. Maybe lower the roof or the slant part, or make the barrels higher because this is a great spot to get up top and flank red, but its kinda a pain to climb.

Other people have said these but jts a reminder, something is messed up with cubemaps as black and white checkers appear on some weapons in some areas

Sorry Image shack was down so i had to place attachments for the screen-shots, 3 are for the door problem (prob my side) and the other one is the place where its possible but hard to jump up to the roof.

Great map, definitely one of my favorite payload maps.

Last edited:

runtime

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
Sgt sausage has a lot of important things in his post you better listen to him swaty

Also, make a window in the wall next to red's second spawn! Do it! trust me it will look fantastic and a lot better than it looks now. DO IT

DO IT NOW

DO IT NOWWWWWW

runtime

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
That 3rd cap is what I'm concerned about

the red spawn is RIGHT NEXT TO the cap

the cap cant really be moved up because that would render his sentry spots pretty useless (the raised area to the left)

it would make it very undefendable if you move it up

so i think red spawn needs to be moved somehow and the area somewhat redesigned

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I thought I'd post a pic to show what I've been working on.
I think this will make it easier for the red team to defend that area.

25tkwh5.jpg

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I didnt notice them much, i saw them and used them but they didnt bother me or stick out ridiculously though everyone else thinks they do.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I made some changes I just need some feedback if it looks better than before or not.
I couldnt tell from the pictures but where is reds spawn, and did you move the third point i belive it is farther up or what.

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
Im thinking of moving the point here.

1smhxk.jpg

that's a good idea, then red can have a little extra space to put a sentry over there and defend that point:p