Midwest

KotH Midwest Alpha 1

Average Tiddy Goth GF

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2019
Hi

Took a good look around the map, played a few matches w/ bots and overall I have to say; This is a neat little map, if a little rough around the edges still.

There were a few glaring issues that solidified themselves over the course of the 2 bot matches;

1: The terrain mesh at the bottom here is very hostile feeling and has some incredibly sharp edges at angles you cannot walk over, making moving around this part of the map feel uncomfortable and cumbersome.
1.JPG

2: The roofs of the spawn buildings can be stood on and allow you to look far past where you probably are intended to look, blocking players from naturally being able to get on these parts would help.
2.JPG

3: The windows in these buildings are big enough for your to crouch-jump into, but the angled roofs are far too close or sharply protruding downwards and stop you from actually exiting through said windows. Moving the roof up a little bit could solve this issue, as you need maybe 100 HUs to be able to clear out through the windows without getting stuck.
3.JPG

4: These broken-up wooden fencing parts have gaps way too big to properly convey to players in a logical manner that they cannot fire through them. Using a big mesh fence at equal proportions would clear up this confusion.
4.JPG

All in all; A fine little koth map although it does feel a little cramped and smaller than the usual TF2 map. I like the design and the ability to enter various buildings, gives it a neat touch.

Plazmaman360

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2022
Thanks for all this feedback. I'll be sure to fix all of this before doing a proper playtest, and I may also make it a little less cramped to the sides.