Map info translation service!

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I can do swedish. Also, I don't think those who speak scandinavian language should crosscheck eachother - our languages are more different than we think ^_^

Depends on how detailed the cross-check should be, I guess. I'm just suggesting it because I might be the only active Norwegian user on this forum. I know there have been some, but I lost track. :p

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Swedish if you need anymore.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Everyone, Dropbox is Free and an about 12 Mb download and Install. So don't worry about not having it when it's so easy to obtain at www.getdropbox.com
Yes, I know that too now, I simply hadn't heard of it beforehand. I didn't want to screw up the referral either. =P

Mail's "rpgmakerfan@web.de" (I know, it's an old one, mostly used for registering on sites so all the spam lands there)

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'd love to help but my second language isn't on there, and I've yet to meet a tf2 player from Indonesia.

If only I'd learnt french when I lived in Canada.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well we have five lone translators... it would be really nice if we could get some more people for those languages.

What do you Swedes think about Muffin's idea of checking the Norwegian and Danish? That would at least get two more done.

or should I just forgo the two person rule, assume people know what they are doing, and rely on Alias' idea of using a translator to check for shenanigans. A couple of you offered to check languages you aren't real familiar with too...

Whatcha all think?

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Oh, I should probably also mention that I'd be able to check the Danish translation should that ever be necessary. Even though we have tons of just-as-qualified Swedes... well, yeah. Thought you should know. :p

About using a translator... It's certainly one of the worst options, but an option none the less. If we really need to, I think it should do an all right job.

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Can translate to Portuguese.

Also know Spanish, since it's fairly similar to my own language, so I should be able to, at least, cross check someone else's translation easily.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I know it will mess up the grammar, but it will at least find extreme cases of insults as translaters will translate those also (and often they get translated well). Same as with words that dont translate, they either show bad spelling or another insults... And in those cases google often shows what it means in its search results.

Its not the best solution but at least something.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
If you can get a hold of Hellfire I know he was actually a English-to-Russian translator for the Orange Box itself.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I can do dutch and maybe a bit of french (just the checking or something)..

I can do the same.

Edit: If still necessary, I see you already have 3 guys for Dutch.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Translating sentences in those translators mess up the grammar so dont use them. Unless you translate word by word. But still, if you dont know the language, it can still be messed up.

Then again, no one actually suggested to use them primarily.

Apr 13, 2009
or should I just forgo the two person rule, assume people know what they are doing, and rely on Alias' idea of using a translator to check for shenanigans. A couple of you offered to check languages you aren't real familiar with too...

I think it's okay. Game instructions are supposed to be very simple anyway, we're not trying to translate high-grade litterature, here, so even with school-level language knowledge, pepople should be able to easily check for "shenanigans" as you say. :)

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
German translation is ready, but I actually found the original English description to be a little confusing. The Intel Sapper should probably have another name, not just "Sapper", because that's the Spy's weapon. =/
It's a minor thing, but I wanted to mention it.

UFOslava

L1: Registered
Oct 8, 2009
Russian right here.
High level of Russian spelling and so is English.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Well, both danish and norwegian haven't got people to check the translations. How about letting me check the norwegian and letting Muffin Man check my danish?

Oh, and Danish is done