Los Alamos

KotH Los Alamos Alpha 5a

Average Tiddy Goth GF

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2019
Hi, as per your request I gave your map a once-over.

Starting things off; It's a nice small-medium sized KotH map and the mutiple layers of map geometry work fairly well together in their current state. I was not able to spot/come across any major issues.

I did notice a few smaller gameplay-related hitches however;

1: The inside-area on both sides outside of the spawn area are completely over-saturated with medium health-packs. Just in this small area there are 5 of them, 2 or at the most 3 would suffice here and the others could just be turned into only medium ammo pick-ups.
1.JPG

2; The small out-crop "island" with the big healthkit on it is only accessible from jumping down and then walking the singular path back around for 7 out of the 9 classes. Adding another set of walk-ways to allow a more dynamic access to said big healthkit would eleviate traffic from the 1-way route.
2.JPG

3; Coming back to the spawns it is unfortunately VERY easy to completely spawn-trap the entire enemy team, especially if an engi sets up around the corners by the pillars. Adding 2 additional exit ways as to allow either team to wrap around the main entrance could help to curb this problem at least a little bit.
3.JPG

All in all; I like what you've done here, the map design is quite solid and the play areas feel mostly alright to fight in. A little bit more polish and you've got a perfectly serviceable map.

NinjaB75

Apr 25, 2023
Hi, as per your request I gave your map a once-over.

Starting things off; It's a nice small-medium sized KotH map and the mutiple layers of map geometry work fairly well together in their current state. I was not able to spot/come across any major issues.

I did notice a few smaller gameplay-related hitches however;

1: The inside-area on both sides outside of the spawn area are completely over-saturated with medium health-packs. Just in this small area there are 5 of them, 2 or at the most 3 would suffice here and the others could just be turned into only medium ammo pick-ups.
1.JPG

2; The small out-crop "island" with the big healthkit on it is only accessible from jumping down and then walking the singular path back around for 7 out of the 9 classes. Adding another set of walk-ways to allow a more dynamic access to said big healthkit would eleviate traffic from the 1-way route.
2.JPG

3; Coming back to the spawns it is unfortunately VERY easy to completely spawn-trap the entire enemy team, especially if an engi sets up around the corners by the pillars. Adding 2 additional exit ways as to allow either team to wrap around the main entrance could help to curb this problem at least a little bit.
3.JPG

All in all; I like what you've done here, the map design is quite solid and the play areas feel mostly alright to fight in. A little bit more polish and you've got a perfectly serviceable map.
Cool, Thanks for your help. I'll be looking into these for A5.

NinjaB75

Apr 25, 2023
NinjaB75 updated Los Alamos with a new update entry:

Alpha 5 - Certainly, Quite the Update

• Removed pillars in courtyard 1
  • Removed dividers in second transitional
  • Removed walls in first transitional
  • Added highground to the side
  • Added doors in second transitional
  • Added fence to second transitional
  • Repurposed computer room
  • Reworked mid healthpack
  • Widened the space around the silo on the hill
  • Modified side route through first transitional to high ground
  • Added player clips in the route to low ground in first transitional
  • Added side exits to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

NinjaB75

Apr 25, 2023
NinjaB75 updated Los Alamos with a new update entry:

Alpha 5a - Certainly, Quite the Minor Update

Last playtest, being on A5, went surprisingly well and I'm very glad to see that the point is finally reasonably retakeable (when the teams are balanced)! As such, this map should be reaching it's beta phase somewhat soon. Still want to improve the layout but I'm not really sure how.

Also the new high ground can still be cracked with a sentry on it and I'm still trying to figure out how to nerf that.

• Blocked off the main route to the Underhill
    • Replaced it with ramps...

Read the rest of this update entry...