Koth_Poismoore

KotH Koth_Poismoore a9

Chaos

L1: Registered
Mar 31, 2022
Chaos submitted a new resource:

Koth_Poismoore - A halloween KOTH map set around a old ruin, which is leaking some kind of haunted liquid.

This is a map I've recently been working on for this year's spoopy season. I'm not too experienced with making tf2 maps so far. It's not finished yet, so I'm sorry if it's not god. This is also the second time I've submitted a map on here. (lil nervous ._.)

Feedback is appreciated.

Stuff for the future.
  • More structures
  • Decoration
  • Actual Skybox and background decoration
  • Adjusting terrain?
  • Custom props
  • Custom model for [COLOR=rgb(147...[/LIST]

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022
Chaos updated Koth_Poismoore with a new update entry:

Release a8

W-well, here we go, a8. Little worried there's still stuff I need to fix. I already have to repack multiple times every time I found a new problem. But hopefully it's fine.

All Changes:

• Added many props around the map
  • Added a few toolbrushes
  • Added a texture for the haunted sludge touching a surface
  • Added buildings on both sides...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022
I just realized I completely forgot something important. WHOOPS. I'll get that fixed and uploaded.

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022

Release a9 Coming Soon!

Man working on this has been a real rollercoaster. I've been pulling multiple all-nighters just working on this thing. I'll feel like I'm getting close, but then I end up finding more and more things wrong with the map.
So I have to recompile over and over again to fix every little issue. As it is, I was up working on it all day until 7-8 am yesterday working on it. Now it's 5:13 AM on the day after, and it's still not done.

I've been intending to release it for quite a while now. I've...

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022
Uh, OOPS. I had a specific thing hidden and forgot to unhide it before compiling and updating. I'm fixing it now.

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022

It still needs work.

Ok so I tested this myself with some bots, and I actually have some criticism for myself. I thought I'd make an update and share.

The bot AI doesn't know to avoid the haunted sludge so they just walk in it. That I think is fine because they wouldn't know to avoid it.

2. I noticed the bots don't know to climb up the stairs to the point. I suppose I could try and fix that, but...

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022

It's been a little bit.

Now I know I might not have anyone that'll read this. But I thought I would still give an update anyway.

Now I can't remember the last time I worked on poismoore. I suppose that's because for the most part I haven't since my last update.

I think I left this project on hold was mainly because of my discouragement and nervousness. Since I think it has still a lot of problems. I might not know very well though, since it was just me testing. My main step apart from what I know now, was to get...