LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Gave LOD models a try, eaasy peasy!

1690 polys, rendered closer than 20meters
LOD1.JPG

1108 polys rendered further than 20 meters
LOD2.JPG

Can be used as a static prop or a dynamic_override to parent it to the intel, my final question is do you wan't team specific colours on it?

A Loaf of Bread

L1: Registered
Aug 4, 2009
I personally don't need team-specific colors on it, due to the fact that it'll be something like a reverse attack-defend where one team retrieves it and runs back over two points. But since you're releasing this you might want to make recolored ones for people who might want it. And thanks a lot for the great model!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I did another LOD, this one comes in at 40 meters and is just under 700 polys. :)

LOD3.JPG

I'll package up the files and post them shortly.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Finished up your boulder and made a little rtest vmf of the trap. my one only works once but you can easil modify it so that once it reaches the bottom its reusable. It deals instant death to anyone who touches it, and it destroys buildables, ubers and even DR'ed spies instantly.

here - http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/560531/boulder_trap.zip

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Youme, does blender have a reduce poly option? Care to share a few tips with it? I may end up using that if I need to. The one that comes with lightwave destroys the model. I also found a 3rd party plugin (plg) for lightwave that is supposed to reduce polygons; I have yet to give it a try, since I've had some hardware failures here recently.

PS: Attempting to assess this model on FPSB...but it's broken, as usual.

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I hate hate hate to necro this thread. But I tried using this as a flag overide today, but it seems like it attatches to the player from its base. Please fix this.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I hate hate hate to necro this thread. But I tried using this as a flag overide today, but it seems like it attatches to the player from its base. Please fix this.

No can do, just use the old fashioned method instead of the new fangled valve method.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Very well then.