Forklift

CP Forklift a3

widzu95

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2023
widzu95 submitted a new resource:

Forklift - Small industrial 5CP map

My very first project, small 5CP map, probably fast paced.

I know I shouldn't skip alpha phase in serious projects, but this map is a product of me learning how hammer works in general and I just wanted to mess a bit with props and textures.

Map is rather flat in general because of its theme, but it have few places where you can get vertical advantage.

Read more about this resource...

widzu95

Aug 1, 2023
widzu95 updated Forklift with a new update entry:

A2 Version

Changelog for A2 version:

• return to standard naming (due to confusion, the previous version was named b1 instead of a1)
  • made an attempt to overhaul map to 'normal fun'
  • changed layout of outdoor area
  • dealt with prop spam in the outdoor area
  • added some verticality in the outdoor area
  • temporarily reduced size of the outdoor area by making some parts of it unaccessible
  • adjusted middle point placement so it's now closer to center
  • added trains in the middle...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Average Tiddy Goth GF

Nov 5, 2019
Hi

Firstly; This is quite an expansive map and a good playground to experiment and get used to Hammer++ on. You already mentioned a few issues with it askin to textures looking muddy, stretched or squished in some parts. I remember there being a setting in Hammer which solves this texture-issue with minimal tinkering around.

I did come across a few more smaller points;

1: There are quite a few error signs strolling about as well as missing textures (Probably custom assets or my game being fucky). Additionally these inwards-facing garage doors allow you to trampoline on top of them forever if you jump onto it as it opens (Not really a big issue but a funny little occurence to get stuck in).
1.JPG

2: The trains you have added are a fine addition but when they enter the tunnels the last 1&1/2 train cars suddenly disappear as the train despawns.
2.JPG

All in all; Keep experimenting around with Hammer++ and see if you can address these issues, practice makes perfect!

widzu95

Aug 1, 2023
@Average Tiddy Goth GF

Thanks for replying!
Missing textures and models are indeed problems with custom assets, I had problem with CompilePal yesterday and that was the reason. I was contacting people on discord and they helped me handling it.

Hope this newest version will also fix trains, if not it will be done in a3 version. As well as doors.

widzu95

Aug 1, 2023
widzu95 updated Forklift with a new update entry:

A3 release

Changelog for A3 version:

• Improved map optimization.
  • Fixed trains despawning too early.
  • Added warning bells for trains.
  • Rearranged places where you had to slowly jump into props.
  • Removed part of map behind warehouses (it was unused during playtest and marked as redundant).
  • Added simple way to exit warehouse due to complaints that walkback to middle is too exhausting.
  • Added platform above warehouse doors to remove possibility of being stuck on top of them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: