cp_vulture

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
Turned out well, indeed.
And there is some strange displacement thingy in de left bottom of the last pic. (white color)

Feb 14, 2008
They look great MuffinMan :D

Good job!

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Turned out well, indeed.
And there is some strange displacement thingy in de left bottom of the last pic. (white color)

Yeah, some of the displacements were a bit misaligned, for a lack of better words. I couldn't get them to sew properly, so I might have to redo a couple of them.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I haven't quite decided yet whether I want to release a3 in a few days with some added details and fixed scoring, or if I want to wait until I have some more feedback, then fix it and release a3.

Anyway, since I lack feedback (no gameday), I've decided to try my hand at detailing while I have some time for that. I'm doing the spawns first, obviously, since I don't want to waste my time on areas that I might have to change.

vulspawn1.png

RED's first spawn.

vulspawn2.png

A little "prop room" I made for that same spawn.

vulspawn3.png

BLU's first spawn is supposed to have a really dirty, badly-maintained look. (EDIT: I'm not nearly done with this one)

Last edited:

uma plata

Jan 20, 2009
Looks very promising

I did a run through the other day. Unique layout

Keeping my eye on it

I think you need a different name though (just my opinion)

Something evocative of industrial or desolate areas...

Feb 14, 2008
Don't forget light fixtures ;)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I think you need a different name though (just my opinion)

Agreed. I've been trying to come up with something for months (literally), but nothing's ever hit me as the "pure genius" name I've been looking for. I guess it'll be easier once I have a more consistent, clear theme, but until then all suggestions are welcome.

Randdalf: Lights are the last thing I'll do, together with the final detailing and polishing. I've moved the lights in the RED spawn down, though, so they don't look absolutely horrible.

laghlagh

Jul 15, 2008
I don't think you need a new name, it stands out. Your choice.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
You like giant stuff in the skybox, don't you? :p Honestly though, that's a bit too silly for me.

But in all seriousness, people are no longer allowed to tell me I should I keep the name cp_vulture. I will NOT do it no matter what you say.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Addendum: ...Unless neither I nor anyone else can come up with something good.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Released version a3
- Improved detailing in spawns of stage 1
- Added some displacements to stage 1 and the first half of stage 2
- Added a slope in stage 1 to improve movement fluency
- Moved some health and ammo that didn't make sense with the new layout for the
first area
- Added a few signs
- Changed the score system to give BLU 1 point per capture, not for a full win
- Corrected some textures in stage 2

As you can see, just some minor changes. I even forgot to change the location of a spectator camera. I'm not going to compile and build cubemaps and pakrat all over again just for that. X(

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I discovered two things in particular on gameday on my own. The first was that, for some reason, the door by the first cap of stage 3 no longer closes after the point is taken. That kinda broke stage 3, but at least we got to test it for a litte while this time.

Someone also told me that engineers could do something to get outside the map...I'm not quite sure what it was all about, so I'm hoping someone could elaborate.