1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

Contest maps have been uploaded!

Discussion in 'Contest #5: Payload map' started by Armadillo of Doom, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    The server rotation has been changed to just the contest entries. You can view the voting process here; http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4888 And for those of you who don't know our server ip (shame shame) 72.233.93.233:27015
    The maps will run for 4-6 days, since only 5 are eligible (3 are moderator entries). The actual voting thread will open in 1-2 days.

2. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Reminder to change the server name to something like "TF2Maps.net | 24/7 Custom PAYLOAD Contest Entries" for the sake of getting people who love servers with 24/7 in the name.

Also, updating the motd to have information on the contest and the rotation would be good (for those who read motd's).

3. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Done and done :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    aaand updating the motd to get my username correct......

5. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I get this when I try to download it. And I haven't downloaded anything yet!

7. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    same here

8. Cerious

Cerious L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Exactly the same as you guys, though I only need to download pl_reservoir and pl_tranquility to get all the contest entries.

9. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  10. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I really want to participate in Gameday tomorrow, but I hit my 5GB traffic per week limit...so I probably won't be on, just watching...really pisses me off. 5 GB a week is NOT enough, the networking dept at my University can't understand that. And I have to work tomorrow night, so I probably won't be around too much. Have fun everyone and good luck to all the contest maps.

11. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Data limits? Do those still exist?

12. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    God yes, and they've limited the traffic that comes/goes through the ports that steam games run on. I get latencies anywhere from normal to 2000. But mostly it runs at 400-2000. I have already contacted them twice over the phone, but I can't really complain until Tuesday when the office opens back up.

May be just more worth buying a separate ISP (which I can't really afford).

13. MacNetron

MacNetron L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    For people who rather play on a European server (just ping-wise of course :) ), or just when the tf2maps.net server is empty (empty? that server can't be empty!), I've updated the "The map lab | Playportal.net | TF2maps.net" (formerly known as the coltsplayground map lab) with the contest entries.

The rotation consists of the 9 pl-contest-maps now :D

Server IP: 84.45.84.166:27015

[​IMG]

Happy fragging, MacNetron

14. Acegikmo

aa Acegikmo

Positive Ratings:
    Another mirror; all maps are compressed in this file; making it 33 MB smaller to download.

Download The Payload maps (187 Mb)