1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Overlay CG's Poster Pack (WIP)

Discussion in 'Models & Textures' started by Cornish Gamehen, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Cornish Gamehen

Cornish Gamehen L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    I'm working on what will hopefully turn out to be a versatile and useful pack of posters for use on custom maps. So far, I have nearly finished one poster as a test, and would like some community help on ideas.

The aim is that they should be ideally suitable for most situations, ie. not specific company logos, etc.

My first one I am working on is included as a screenshot and I would appreciate feedback.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks good, you totally got the tf2 style :)

But the shape of the spy should be in another color imo, and i dont like how the frame has the same color as the middle.

3. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
  4. Cornish Gamehen

Thanks Received:
    The spy poster was literally a test following a guide every step of the way. I don't think it turned out too badly for a first try, I might include it in the end for someone might find a use for it. (and yes, I accidentally applied the noise filter twice)

I've made a new one, which I'll include as a screenshot. Feedback?

5. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Thanks Received:
    The first one is kinda meh but I love the 2nd one! Keep up the good work.

6. Mexican Apple Thief

Mexican Apple Thief L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER

Thanks Received:
    I know you captured the theme perfectly, because I didn't even notice the aliasing at first. Great work. :)

7. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Thanks Received:
    Following the words of jeremy clarkson: Nice :)!

8. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Thanks Received:
    They're sort of rough around the edges, but I really love the style/concepts.
    nice work!

(btw spies work EVERYWHERE)

9. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Thanks Received:
    I really like the first one, if you're not satisfied with it I think it's worth re-doing!

Keep in mind that even if they look rough as images they usually blend in much better in-game. Take a look at some of Valve's vtfs sometime and you'll see what I mean.

10. Cornish Gamehen

Thanks Received:
    I'll definately get to work on doing several new posters and probably redoing the first two that I've already done. Thanks for the support guys!

11. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Thanks Received:
    These look really cool, nice and simple TF2 stylee and ting :D

Just a thought but the third one looks like it reads 'PROGRESSJON'. I know that's the font's fault not yours but I'd consider using a different font for that phrase.

Otherwise top job, I look forward to using them :)

12. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    An awkward mix of Aliasing and Smoothing. How are you making your Smoke Stacks? Are they Vectors or Coloured Bitmaps, because they should definitely the former to match the Text. Also, turn down the noise, I really like the Ideas and the style you've captured, but you need to pretty it up a little more still..