1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!
  2. If the download for the map you're looking at isn't here, try checking the archives over at: The Archived Forum

CP artpass_helljumper

Discussion in 'Map Workshop' started by HellJumper, Aug 11, 2010.

1. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

My artpass entry.

I went with a Gravel Pit theme, and it's pretty much done. I decided to finish it this month because I knew september would be really busy for me. So just letting everyone know this is an entry done in half the time, so be easy!

Feedback is appreciated. (If you don't like something, tell me why or recommend something) ;)

Officially Finished​

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Thanks Received:
    7:40 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: One last thing if you read this, raise the RED logo on the right
    7:40 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: so the railing doesn't go straight into it
    Erich is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
    7:42 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: For the red spawn, having arrows pointing both ways seems kind of strange. People usually know that they can run out the doors, so you may be able to remove that (Up to you, nitpicking again)
    7:43 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: And the vista that points at B, I would say remove the rocks on the top right side, they don't match the gray rocks that they're resting on and it's kind of an abrupt change frmo gray to brown.
    Prestige is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
    7:44 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: Also, I'd say smooth the overhanging rock's texture? Nitpicking perhaps
    7:45 PM - Broken:Tripod-Turret: Also on the image pointed at the blu spawn, I'd say remove the pipe on the right side, it just looks strange on the wooden building (this is completely my opinion, and you're free to leave it)

Also, the pile of rocks/stones in the picture pointing at blu spawn is really pointy.

HellJumper thanked this.
  3. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    About that, I think at the end when I'm like 99% done with the map, I can fix the different lighting issues with an info_lighting entity to make them all light up from one light source.

4. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Thanks Received:
    Oooh this is looking really good!

HellJumper thanked this.
  5. BlueWave 319

BlueWave 319 L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    I love the A to B! You were able to make the shed on the left fit in really well.
    The rock walls are a smart way to create the wall thats higher than the B barn.

But story wise, why are they taking this red base? IMO cap C area needs to have some significance. How about a room full of filing cabinets and intel briefcases?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    HellJumper thanked this.
  6. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    Well, in red spawn (I don't have a screenshot) there is a rather impressive conference room that you can't get into, but in the middle of the table with one spotlight shining down is blu intelligence. So perhaps they are trying to recover their intel? :p I didn't really think that through!

7. Ginger

Ginger L4: Comfortable Member

Thanks Received:
    Looking very nice, i like the final cap point ;p

HellJumper thanked this.
  8. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
  9. R4ge*

R4ge* L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    The first three screenshots r really cool, but the red's size is like i've seen this before. So if u would change them i would say this could win.

HellJumper thanked this.
  10. Goombac

Goombac L4: Comfortable Member

Thanks Received:
    The objects you asked the purpose of are conveyor belts for grain or gravel or stuff like that.

HellJumper thanked this.
  11. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Thanks Received:
    I think he meant the cylinder things with the ladder posed up against them.

12. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    I understand the things you are saying about like uninteresting/bland places, but the stuff that doesn't make sense is fine because many times in valve maps you see contraptions that make no sense whatsoever. Also, you can't really see the roof of that building unless you rocket jump, so I'm going to keep the textures similar.

13. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    Added 2 new pictures, and Update #3

Almost done! Player clipping and optimization left! (Then of course minor detailing / bug fixes)

14. LordNor

LordNor L3: Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry but the secret society against the most super awesome things in the world "SSAMSATW" cannot allow such blasphemy (your map).

Fantastic map, good work mate.

HellJumper thanked this.
  15. Indigo Grape

Indigo Grape L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    The A point is absolutely fantastic.

HellJumper thanked this.
  16. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Thanks Received:
    As is C. I love this map, I dont think your screens do enough justice!

HellJumper thanked this.
  17. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Thanks Received:
    I will love you at 500 Debeyes if you make that video you were talking about.

That's over 3x how much I love you now! :D