Which would you rather see?

Which would you most like to see?

• Left completely alone, as is, never touched again

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Reworked key bits, passed to Valve to update

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Complete rebuild, layout intact, a facelift essentially

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Complete rebuild, same visual style, layout reworked, removing chokes and wrapping the map up

Votes: 23 31.9%

• Total voters

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
When I started playing (and thought that it's a valve's map) pl_hoodoo was always the irritating one, mainly about the layout and chokes - but also the amount of in-shadow zones.

Edit: voting for 4

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That sounds fairly similar to 2 then. But i imagine that really, hoodoo doesnt need so much.

no cause 2 is just updating a few areas like the previous edit I made and what happened to yukon today. Whilst 4 is a ground-up rebuild with a heavily not minorly reworked layout. 2 would go live for everyone, and 4 would be a new map entirely.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
I voted 4.

I have fond memories of hoodoo from maplab testing sessions and rather than just bodging a few bits in to appease the masses I would say do the old girl some justice and give her a full, but faithful, rebuild.

I would however, add two caveats to this suggestion:
  1. Keep the overall layout roughly the same, just completely rework the real problem areas and how they link to the areas that play fine.
  2. Submit it to valve as an update once your done, the best possible version of hoodoo should be available in the vanilla game and if it's as much of an improvement as you're planning then there's little reason to still include the old one.

EDIT: having just reread the thread I think I should probably have voted for 2. Oh well, really I'm saying a mix of 2 and 4.

P.S. If you're willing we'd love to host some testing sessions on the maplab for any new version you're working on YM. :)

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Thank you to the 59 people who voted. I am surprised by the amount who would like to see a complete remake. Rather than for it to be left completely alone.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
could you link me to wherever you posted it?

I'm guessing you put it in the SB of course.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
son-of-a..

If I'd wanted to open my poll up to the demographic of facepunch I'd have done so myself. Thank you for screwing over the demographic. Thank you a bunch.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
You know, when he said he posted the poll elsewhere, I felt the same way. You asked TF2M, not other websites.