1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Zombie Panic! Source getting a massive update

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shoomonger, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Shoomonger

Shoomonger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just found out about this. ZPS is getting a pretty meaty update and a modeling contest. Good stuff: http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Played this already, but i didnt like the whole gameplay, way too slow compared to other games (Left 4 Dead).

The pictures look nice though.

3. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    The light being cast by those lampposts look like overlays. o0

4. JoshuaC

JoshuaC L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are they seriously using that many env_projectedtexture's? Unless they've changed something about them, I can't see anybody getting good performance at all.

5. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    So is this basicly the poormans l4d versus mode?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I was briefly on the zombie mod team HoldOut as a level designer before the lead coder decided he wanted to concentrate on University and the whole thing went down the drain mid development.

It's a shame that most of their good maps (and weapon models) were donations from said mod. I'd have liked to see better stuff by now.

I still had a map i wanted to release for HO and promised Tatsuro i'd donate it to ZP when it was finished (when i was reminded about the mod when steam had a big hoohaa about it). But my motivations continued to lie with TF2. I should pull my finger out and pass it over since the half finished vmf still looks of better quality than these maps.

7. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    Zombie Panic is incredible fun if you play it with a group of people you vaguely know, and alltalk on, about 3 times a year.

8. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:

Same with any other game. I had fun playing CSS with my friends. For like 5 mins

9. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Zombie panic is okay but I find it really...buggy with no help.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009