Your opinion on this sketched-up layout

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Arne

L3: Member
Nov 22, 2012
So, after making a thread for gathering good tips and ways to make up a layout. A user conviced me to post sketches to this place. So, I'm giving this a shot.

It's a bird-view sketch of the map.

39kAUms.jpg

I hope so you''ll understand and being able to see the sketch, pictured with my mobile. Cheap way.

What's your opinion on this?

PS: Shouldn't we create a sub-forum for WIP/sketches of layouts? I think it would be great and this sub-forum won't be flooded of these. Otherwise you can say which sub-forum is the best place for these. So, I'll remember that.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Toxindude

Aug 2, 2012
Its hard to tell from a top down view but it seems like you have plenty of alternate routes. All I can recommend is to keep the routes simple. I know its only a draft but it looks a little confusing in terms of paths to take just because I see lots of door spaces.

As I have learned recently keep long drawn out hallways out. Keep the map flowing you don't want players running into dead ends. Three to "possibly" 4 routes are a good idea. Plenty of high and low area's to give your map some depth. Remember that sketches don't always turnout that way.

Last edited:

Arne

Nov 22, 2012
I'm also looking for a fitting name for that map.
The middle point is a gaspipe pump and flow-control house. The 2nd is the Blu's/Red's depot, with few aztecic ruins as cover, outside their HQ. Like I mentioned in the sketch, the 3rd is the HQ, which is a spybase inside a temple. and the point is placed on a elevator in a stadium like area.

I currently have a placeholder name for it, cp_aztec. Not so very fitting in my opinion.

And thanks for the feedbacks!

.... and I got a picture of the middle in it's current state.

vGDpHpG.png

Last edited: