Your Choice of Take Away

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grazr, May 13, 2011.

?

What's your favourite Take Away?

1. Indian

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Chinese

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Pizza

25 vote(s)
    47.2%
  4. Other (Kebab, Fried Chicken, etc)

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    So, as some people know, i'm a pretty big Indian fan, i enjoy my tikka massala; though i also enjoy a Chinese, sometimes they hit the spot a lot more when you're in the mood. But i also know that a lot of you guys in chat enjoy your pizza A LOT more than could reasonably be considered healthy.

So i put this to the polls to see what kind of food TF2maps is into when they get the munchies but can't be arsed to cook.

2. NinjillaX

NinjillaX L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Eggs. I wouldnt really call it cooking when I throw a few eggs in a pan and spice em up, but if that does count then my second favorite thing to eat is fast food BBQ :thumbup:

3. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Chinese beats everything, providing you get it from a place that knows that meat is not supposed to be rubbery slabs scraped from the inside of a cow's mouth.

If not (such is the case for this city), I'll take some hamburgers. Or maybe pizza. At any rate I stay away from Indian.

4. Godslayer57

Godslayer57 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Being British I can't resist the classic fish and chips, however I do enjoy indian , chinese and japanese takeaway food. I only wish there was more varitity in takeaway ramen.

5. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I wish someone around here realized that fish and chips is amazing. But no, we need MORE KEBAB SHOPS.

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  7. Omena

Omena L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pizza all the way.

8. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Uh I dunno, nothing, I just have proper food to cook around all the time

9. Turbo Lover

aa Turbo Lover Fight me under Glasgow Central Station

Positive Ratings:
    Pizza 4 President. Everything except Chinese is a close competitor though.

10. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not too big a fan of Chinese or oriental food, so I'll go for Fish 'n Chips (lolbritish) or something American, like a cheeseburger or such.

Pizza is only a special occasion thing.

11. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pizza always wins.

12. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Chinese <3 ... love me my general Tso's

13. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Thai, Chinese, Indian. Anything curry.

14. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    chinese. but that ghetto americanized chinese, not the real stuff.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I'm a sucker for the all you can eat chinese buffet, but that's not the point of the thread so...

There was this pizza joint I went to in college all the time, no in-dining, no delivery, carry-out only. But because of that they were able to sell large 1-topping pizzas for 5 bucks. Best damn deal ever. And the pizza was delicious.

16. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, i wasn't expecting so many people to mention fish and chips since the vast majority of active forum members are yanks/non-french europians. Otherwise i'd have seperated it from the rest. I do like me some fish and chips, but they're pretty greasy so i'd only eat them once a month at best.

Interesting piece of information though, the proprietor of a Fish and Chip shop down the road from me mentioned that ~80% of their profits were from selling battered sausages. Not from fish, as you'd imagine. Apparently it's a common scenario for chippies too.

Rexy, we have 3 all you can eat chinese buffet's in Portsmouth. I feel blessed. In fact i rarely eat chinese anymore unless it's from a buffet because you get to sample more dishes; whilst that's not necassery with Indian food, so i'll usually order out an Indian as it's cheaper and easier. When most places charge delivery for orders under £10 around here it's very difficult ordering food for 1 and there are only 2 places i know, 1 chinese and 1 indian that you can get free delivery for orders over £6 which is a main and side.

Pizza is expensive in the UK unless you're ordering food for multiple people, in which case there are a number of 2 for 1, 3 for 2 deals available. Though i hear London has all sorts of local take away places that do rediculous deals. I guess because it's very competitive.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  17. Dragonstorm24

Dragonstorm24 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Around where I live there are plenty of places to get fish and chips being right on the east coast. I love fish and chips or any seafood for that matter especially clam chowder and clam cakes. Take out wise I think I prefer the restaurants that offer a to go menu, I think the best is the Ninety Nine. But then there are restaurants like 5 Guys Burgers and Fries that serve fast-food-type food but are more of a sit down restaurant.

18. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    My staple take-out is Taco Del Mar. I visit the place often enough (and add to the tip jar whenever possible) that if an old-timer is on duty I don't get "wimpy" tacos.

The second thing would be a Gyro Salad from this one place near work--primarily because its in walking distance--which is basically greens, tomato, and beef along with that tatziki sauce.

Now, back in college... Cheese pizza, but the tomato sauce makes or breaks it.

19. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    pizza || pide || sushi

20. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    I picked pizza, but I generally will order buffalo chicken or cheese breadsticks from a pizza joint before I order pizza. The occasional Calzone from a different place, too. The Chinese joints around here make bad general tsos, so I tend not to buy from them, but some places aways a bit make the best general tsos and crab rangoon ever, so I order that anytime I'm near them.