CP yonder

ozmath

L1: Registered
Oct 10, 2014
By Ozmath Calculocus and boloney

cp_yonder is designed to be a 6v6 competitive A/D g-pit style CP. The focus of the map is to bring new ideas and break conventions present in most 3CP maps, which stem from some of the inherent flaws of G-Pit, and most importantly, give options and be dynamic.

Things we'd like is input on some of the point layouts, are both points equally defendable, and overall playtesting in 6v6 or HL. Also currently looking for an experienced detailer to help with the theme.

Last edited:

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
You say this map is designed for 6v6, but you seem to have used a lot of unnecessary shutter doors, especially in screenshot 5. Imagine a demoman trapping up all of those doors, it's be impossible to push through them, especially with 4 other classes and a medic on the other side as well.

In my opinion, shutter doors only really work in 5CP, as 5CP encourages choke points and holding certain areas (ironically this is my least favorite thing about the gamemode). The only official non-5CP map I can think of that has a shutter door is Turbine, and it really isn't used very well as it stands. If I were you, I've get rid of all the shutter doors in your map, then add new ones if feedback proves you need them. Oh, and I'm glad to see them medieval theme getting some love, cheers!

ozmath

Oct 10, 2014
The massive amount of shutter doors in scr5 is red spawn :p

and this is an A/D CP map, not 5cp.

ozmath

Oct 10, 2014
You say this map is designed for 6v6, but you seem to have used a lot of unnecessary shutter doors, especially in screenshot 5. Imagine a demoman trapping up all of those doors, it's be impossible to push through them, especially with 4 other classes and a medic on the other side as well.

In my opinion, shutter doors only really work in 5CP, as 5CP encourages choke points and holding certain areas (ironically this is my least favorite thing about the gamemode). The only official non-5CP map I can think of that has a shutter door is Turbine, and it really isn't used very well as it stands. If I were you, I've get rid of all the shutter doors in your map, then add new ones if feedback proves you need them. Oh, and I'm glad to see them medieval theme getting some love, cheers!

hey, so i reread your comment and realized that i completely missed the point your were trying to make and might have spoken ill in reply to your comment. Here's me trying to actually respond when I'm not sleep-boned.

Like I said, screenshot 5 is red spawn and the door in the lower right acts like the shutter on snake last, being the most direct route to the point. There is one other shutter in the lobby area that we could probably get rid of, but we plan to have a playtest within the week and we don't want to upset any huge balance of power.

Since 5CP is the most dynamic and popular gamemode in 6s, we tried to emulate it as much as possible while keeping true to a 3CP game.

Thanks for the comment on the theme!

Hopefully this makes more sense than my previous response.

Last edited:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
The 3rd screenshot's ramp looks a bit awkward, being right against the round wall. I would suggest splitting it into two, with a flat platform in the middle, next to the round portion.