Yet Another Boring Intro

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
Yes, I know you're probably all tired of reading these (actually, probably few of you actually read these things) but I'm here to introduce myself.

My real name is Lennart, but I prefer to go by ProfFiendish (or Fiendish). I'm still learning Hammer but as far as I can tell it's really easy to use, like I was able to put together a working CTF from scratch in 30 min, so I'm optimistic about trying some more complicated stuff.

In TF2 I mostly play Medic and Engy, and my favorite map is (at the moment) Fastlane, though I'm also really liking Badwater. I'm on Steam with the same name.

So enough about me, hello to all of you, have a nice day.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Welcome, If you're learning hammer definitely do yourself a favour and check out the link in my sig. DJive has done a great job in assembaling as many useful tutorials and references as possible.

If you can't find what you're looking for in there dont hesitate to join the group chatroom (theres a big ol' link on the front page) to ask for help, theres almos always more than 5 people in there and at the busiest of times numbers almost hit 20s. (I still believe we're the only steam group that actually uses their chat room...)

If you're working on a project rather than just makin practice maps get some screenshots up in WIP thread, we love screenshots!

ProfFiendish

L2: Junior Member
Nov 15, 2008
Hey, thanks for the welcome. I'll definitely take a look at the resources you've all put together; until now I've been relying solely on the Valve developer wiki, which I've found slightly confusing at times.

I am actually in the middle of a project, so I'll try to get a WIP thread going soon.

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
glad to meet ya :)