Yes I have tried!, Paying $$$ Experianced Mapper for My Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
It is very messy, for controlling wins and rounds. 3 rounds you would think would be 3 different beginning of a round if you were a player...correct?, no!
No. I wouldn't think that. Nor would the thousands of other players out there that play these maps. They ALL understand it completely fine.

What do you do on Capture the Flag, and Capture Point?
Do players of these maps get bored? NO.
Those are full size maps that are designed to be played for a normal amount of time. You intend to take one third of a map and make people play it for the time a full map receives.

This is from a map developers point of view which I totally understand. But I am from a server owner and developer point of view! servers need rotation in my opinion. Payload will not work in rotation correctly with its current structure, obviously. But I appreciate everything that makes Payload work, I am just looking to simplify it for quick map rotation and stop players leaving the servers.
It is NOT from a map developers point of view. It is from my view as a player and my observations of all the other players I have played with in these maps.
Where on earth do you get off claiming payload doesn't work in rotations? It's one of the most popular game modes that most servers love playing.

More to the topic point, I have contacted Youme and I will see if he is a nice man, I'm guessing he will understand from a developer point of view what I am trying to achieve. With his intellectuality we may see something special for payload, servers and exclusivity to tf2maps.net.
Youme is a nice man. But I can guarantee he will not go along with your idea.
Also, this would not be something exclusive for us, because as I've previously mentioned and should be apparent by the course this thread has taken, we don't like the idea.
Further, as one of the main admins for our servers (oh, see that? I can speak from a server owner point of view too) I would NEVER put such maps on our servers.

I believe it should be quite clear you will not be receiving any help on this endeavor on this site, so I suggest you drop the issue. This is becoming so ridiculous I'm very tempted to believe you are a troll.

edit: it seems the others have gone and locked the thread while I was busy typing this, so unfortunately I won't be able to learn your response.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well heres a few things you should note:
1. We aren't here for profit, the entire site and everyone on it is here for fun and enjoyment so offers of money for work are pretty strange to most of us (especially as the demographic shows most are young)
2. Most people here are also quite against re-working an existing map, especially without the author's consent.
3. The decompiled maps are offered as a "reference ONLY" system, NOT to be re-worked.
4. Most people here will take the stance that if you think there are problems with a particular map.. why didnt you pipe up when it was being developed?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
oh, looks like this got a lot out of hand, i thought i was posting on the first page :/
oh well

:laugh: @ self

Status
Not open for further replies.