Ydan

CP Ydan a1

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Ydan - Pronounced "EE-Dan" (Steel, starting from A1 and taken in a different direction)

A while ago, I released a map named Stiletto, which was an edit of Borneo's A1. This was meant to serve as an example of my "Mother-Forking Mapping Contest" idea, which can be read about here.

For a number of reasons, I had dropped this project. All things considered, it was a poor launch-board for this idea. Still set on proving this contest idea viable, though, I contacted Fishbus, creator of CP_Steel. With his permission, I began work on this map, Ydan.

That's pronounced "EE-dan", by the way.

----

Credits -
Fishbus, original map creator
@KubeKing, for hosting the gameday that inspired the MFMC
@Muddy, for proposing the gameday that inspired the MFMC
@iiboharz, for the Cap Point Billboard

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Here's the changes I made from the version of Steel I used (cp_steel_test) to a1 of Ydan.

---

Overall
  • Renamed the map from "Steel" to "Ydan". This name may be temporary.
  • Map logic entity overhaul to fix some bugs
  • Removed the env_sprites on all lights
  • Replaced constant concrete texture with dev textures to hopefully improve viability
  • Overhaul of health/ammo packs (Removing, adding, moving, or up/down-scaling)
  • Added some signage throughout the map to help improve map flow
  • Reduced time added by each point cap from 180 seconds (3 minutes) to 90 seconds (1.5 minutes)
  • Shortened an overhanging skybox brush in the cliff path between B and C. It should now be easier for Soldiers and Demomen to blast-jump through.
BLU Spawn
  • Fixed the resupply cabinets not having animations
  • Tweaked the Barn (building between BLU Spawn and B)'s layout slightly
A Point
  • Fixed an issue with a rock near A missing it's collision
  • Made the capture zone's platform smaller to allow attackers and defenders more room when walking around the cap
  • Added an extended platform to give Snipers a special perch
  • Moved the lower-level medium ammo pack to the extended platform
  • Added a small health pack to the extended platform
  • Added a missing clip brush to a building near A
C Point
  • Made the capture platform's geometry more similar to D's geometry. (I planned to wildly change D's geometry this update, but that fell through.)
E Point
  • Now starts lifted up and inaccessible. Capping A will lower it.
  • Removed the rocky displacements above the point to make room for a laser.
  • Added a new hallway under RED's upper spawn exit, allowing both more defensive and offensive possibilities

◤Bl4ke◢

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2018
Personally, id move the kill trigger up under the last point, i was a rocket jumper soldier and i was able to escape by hitting the side of the hole

Attachments

• ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 174

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Personally, id move the kill trigger up under the last point, i was a rocket jumper soldier and i was able to escape by hitting the side of the hole

Well, I'm not sure if moving the kill trigger directly under the point is a good idea, but moving up will certainly help.

Consider that added to my to-do list.

◤Bl4ke◢

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2018
Well, I'm not sure if moving the kill trigger directly under the point is a good idea, but moving up will certainly help.

Consider that added to my to-do list.
lol, i wasnt saying to move it all the way to the point, i was pointing out which trigger that needed to be moved up, let me rephrase, "Id move up the kill trigger, the one that is under the point"

Nixon

L3: Member
Jan 10, 2017
Interesting, I'll be sure to take a look