Yards

wolfman101

L1: Registered
Jan 29, 2010
This is a 5 point cp map I have been working on. I am making it with 6v6 play in mind and with an emphasis on the vertical. I also am trying to make different areas advantageous for different classes. Utility classes will have a tough time at mid, but should find use in the base area.

There are also spots for advanced movement such as wall jumps and fan superjumps. Here are a few of them

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CE7033C5270752EA"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Good looking version is done. might help if I put the right link in.

Last edited:

wolfman101

Jan 29, 2010
Two of the boxes are empty ones you can walk through so any class can get up there.

Maybe I could include some arrows for beta 7 so it is more obvious.

wolfman101

Jan 29, 2010
Going to go ahead and bump this for beta 13 since I am going to be taking a break from working on it for a while. Boxes apparently make people irrationally angry, but I can't think of a better way to accomplish what I want mid point to be like.

My next map doesn't have any boxes at all, so maybe people will like it more.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
Boxes apparently make people irrationally angry, but I can't think of a better way to accomplish what I want mid point to be like.
How about making the ground under boxes a displacement, add some bumps and add a kind of rubble-fit texture?
Gravity approves boxes stuck in the ground instead of stone floor :)

Swordz

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 27, 2009
What about the health kit in the middle of the sky on the 3rd screenshot?

Mar 23, 2010

allows for some interesting battles for soldiers. i think it should be a small health kit so soldiers don't have a huge advantage though. :/

wolfman101

Jan 29, 2010

It is a map for 6v6, so I am assuming any soldiers playing will be able to rocket jump up, jump off the sign, grab the healthpack mid-air, land in the window above the second point, and blow up anyone trying to cap 2nd. Basically, I just designed a map that I thought would play well, and then tried to make it look nice. So, there are a few mid air healthpacks around.

It actually plays surprisingly well from the 8 times I managed to scrounge up enough people for 6v6s. I don't know how well it will work in larger games though.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I really don't like mid-air health kits. It heavily restricts rocket jumps and forces you to jump right into them, which can get you airshotted and is unlikely that you'll even hit it.

wolfman101

Jan 29, 2010
I don't have the healthpacks there just so you can rj up and grab them. That is obviously stupid.

I put the healthpacks where useful movement rocket jumps are at. For example, the one I mentioned in the screencap is actually very useful way to get to the second point from the yard much faster than normal in order to stop back caps or regular caps. I used it several times in one playtest to stop caps and it was totally awesome each time.

No one uses the mid-air health pack on obscure because it is directly above mid. Which is stupid because it is really awkward trying to grab it while going to the next point and no one will grab it while there is fighting going on.