Wuzzup, I'm KubeKing!

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Hello, and thanks for clickin' this thread! I'm KubeKing4556, and I'm new to the community. A bit about myself: I like TF2. I want to concentrate my passion into a wholly positive experience for the player. I have a moderate amount of experience with the Hammer Editor in general, but technically, I've never released (or completed!) a TF2 map before.

I've decided to post some quick screenshots of the map I'm currently working on, cp_campout (the name is very tentative). So quick, I didn't bother to crop them, or figure out how to put them in the right format. If you can, please post a small word of advice regarding the mapping community, how my map looks so far, or otherwise, and I'll make sure to check it out! Peace and love, peace and love! :thumbup1:

A quick view of mid.

Ditto. Notice that the roof is accessible via the top of the container.

Ditto. The doorways in the high middle of the picture lead out towards second.

The bend around towards second. The roof to the right is accessible, and gives a vantage point for the attackers.

Another view of the wooden building.

The back of the wooden building (I'll probably expand this area). There is a pathway that leads to a small valley of sorts. You can begin to see the building for B. The white building, which I plan to be spytech-themed, is where the defenders will come out.

Some quick detailing I made to get a feel for the theme of the map.

Here's B in all of its glory! To the side of it is the valley I mentioned earlier. The concept of this area is to provide plenty of mobility around the point, but not directly to it.

An overview of the map so far. Small, I know. From the top of the image, it should spread out some and conclude at the final cap.

Thank you very much, and happy mapping!

-KubeKing4556

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
So what's a Cam Pout? 2/3 of a long distance relationship?

I jest. One reccomendation is sorting out those roofs. At the moment they appear to be rectangles with triangles on top of them, with slight overhangs. Instead, I reccomend forgetting about overhangs for now, in the same fashion as pl_cactuscanyon. Just make it one house shaped block.

Alternatively, build the roof properly with a 16 unit overhang all round. This will kill compile times with the vvis setting on though, so you will either want to turn it off or start learning about func_detailing, especially with roofs. You will have to do this sooner or later though.

Oh, and props for using the visgroup stuff; that's really impressive!