wubwubwub

KotH wubwubwub 2015-09-08

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
I had a problem the last time. When i had the volume on normal ingame, the sound is extremely loud. I dont know if that has to do with the part where the ambient generic might play it through every single speaker at the same volume. At 7.1 this means 3x as loud as usual. But this made it a pain to play the map as i had to turn down the volume of the game.

For the skybox thing. i see alot of brushes creating the pattern, wasnt it possible to get the same effect with a texture?

For the nav to prevent a team from walking in you could potentialy use a respawnroom visualizer which would keep the bots from ignoring the area without interupting regular players. It however doesnt make the nav exclude the area from having a nice edge at the brush so nav_split might have to be used to cover that. This is the normal way how valve excludes bots from reaching certain areas in mvm maps as it works exactly as a nodraw brush to them. A trick like this might be able to solve the clipping on the speaker.

The "dad, oh my god" (which if i remember correctly is in the map) part comes from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw (at 39s you get that line).

calloffuzzy

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2015
Hey I Have Seen Vids On The Map it looks awsome but i cant find the server ip plz can u tell me the ip and nice job with map
: )

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Welcome to the TF2maps.net forum.

You can find servers hosting the map using the Steam server browser, or GameTracker.

If you start to feel ill while playing it, disconnect and take a break! :)

DragonMan

Nov 21, 2015
I downloaded the map but it only plays the first song "the one after you cap the point" and it loops thats all
Plz help ;-;

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
After Valve updated ambient_generic recently, it messed with some of the behavior of this map (and Trainsawlaser.)

I already contacted them, they looked into it, and said they'll have a fix for it in the next update. So just waiting on Valve. :)

Jul 6, 2015
After Valve updated ambient_generic recently, it messed with some of the behavior of this map (and Trainsawlaser.)

I already contacted them, they looked into it, and said they'll have a fix for it in the next update. So just waiting on Valve. :)
So what your saying is, koth_wubwubwub_pro is confirmed?
If valve is this open about fixing problems, mind telling them about this 3rd class glitch players keep getting? Sometimes this pyro class appears and its obviosly not supposed to be there because its insanly OP. :p

Once In A Blue Melon

Apr 6, 2016
Hey Crash,
There is a bug in the map that it won't play the music but displays a ton of .mp3 errors in the console?
Is there a way to fix that?
If there is please could you help me?
After like 2 Mins of Listening To Nothing, There is so much being printed into console, That my game runs out of memory.

Thanks,
Once In A Blue Melon

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Hey Crash,
There is a bug in the map that it won't play the music but displays a ton of .mp3 errors in the console?
Is there a way to fix that?
If there is please could you help me?
After like 2 Mins of Listening To Nothing, There is so much being printed into console, That my game runs out of memory.

Thanks,
Once In A Blue Melon
You might have different issues. A red-spammed console isn't good, especially if it's breaking sounds on the map, but it shouldn't make your game run out of memory.

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
With all the stuff happening in this map, longer cap time may mean too much defenders' advantage. Not that the balance this map is in great consideration

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
It is a joke map - but a damn good and complex one, at that.

I Darkstar X

L3: Member
Oct 19, 2017
I want to try making a mpa like this where the map is actually a ship that launches into space. I'm not sure how to, though.

RevolutionTeam

L4: Comfortable Member
May 19, 2019
If I remember correctly - I probably don't - Crash made a video showing that, in fact, it's the 3D skybox moving.