wtf is this (lighting error)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Sergis, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    since the sdk got broken and fixed afterwards, i've started to notice this light glitch ive never seen before

namicott
    [​IMG]

batt sergis
    [​IMG]

frontier
    [​IMG]

gullywash
    [​IMG]

2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Try copying and pasting your map into a new file. The lighting bug is not fixable without doing that, but the shadows are an issue with excessive stretching of displacements which warp the lightmaps. Do they happen in every version you compile?

3. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    I had this too when I was working on vanguard. for some reasons, the lightmaps are messed up on some displacements. only way to fix it is to redo the displacement (as far as I know).

4. honeymustard

honeymustard L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Happens to me on Konkreet and Upland, emailed Valve, no response (duh). Remade the displacements as well - which didn't fix it.

5. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    they do happen in every version. they also started appearing on my batt dish thing after the sdk fix even though i didnt change the dish displacements. cutting the displacements in half solved the problem there tho.

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    It's weird because i first saw this after Valve broke the SDK or the compilation executables or what ever. After the supposed fix most people stopped seeing this kind of thing but it does look exactly like the symptons from that original borked SDK update. Personally i havn't run into this, did replacing the geometry into a new vmf file work?

7. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    yes, it started happening exactly when the sdk update hit in october. I can tell because my compile was okay the day before the update and then, right after the update, (while I couldn't open the sdk) a vbct compile gave me some of those lightmap errors

8. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    What happens if you increase the lightmap scale in those areas?