Wrong Texture In Game

TheNotoriousTEK

L1: Registered
Jul 18, 2014
Hello!

Something I just noticed in Colliery, in game, the ceiling of the rocket room looks like this
2016-01-03_00003.jpg

It looks like moon/moon_wallpanels01

But in Hammer, it says it is moon/moon_wallpanels04...
hammer1.png

Any ideas?

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Hammer doesn't show all of the material data that the game uses. It's possible that some parameters in the .vmt are causing the material to look a lot different in game. To verify that the game is in fact using the right texture, you can use the mat_crosshair console command to check.

If the materials do match, then you'll just have to pick another one. I know that a lot of the Asteroid textures look the same in Hammer, so you'll just have to mess around.

If the materials don't match, then post your compile log. It's possible that VBSP is hitting an error and not actually producing a .bsp for VVIS and VRAD to work with. Unfortunately, TF2's branch of the tools aren't smart enough to abort when this happens, so VVIS and VRAD might still run on an older already compiled .bsp.

TheNotoriousTEK

L1: Registered
Jul 18, 2014
Even weirder, I have other places where the texture is moon/moon_wallpanels04, and they are showing just fine... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I forgot to mention that I actually kinda like the white ceiling, so it really doesn't matter, but thanks!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The asphalt texture is a lot lighter in-game than its appearance in Hammer implies, as well. I think it's a side effect of normal maps?