Model Wreck it Ralph trading map request

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Left_4_Pillz, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Left_4_Pillz

Left_4_Pillz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello there, I am new to this site but not new to the TF2 community. I was reffered to here by a friend of mines in hope to getting someone to help make a map. I would like to use the map for my future Source Filmmaker videos and for a trade server as well. What I had in mind was the pent house building in the Disney movie Wreck it Ralph, I am not sure how mapping works but I was looking for something somewhat medium sized. Please leave some comments and hope someone can help me out, thanks.

Here ars some images of the house.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I drew this short concept to show what I had in mind, keep in mind I know nothing of how map making works.
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/wreck_it_map.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Seems simple enough. Might take a blast at this since I love detailing (and I'm angry that the film doesn't come out here until February)

3. Left_4_Pillz

Positive Ratings:
    Same goes for all my friends on steam D:
    I can't talk about it, mention anything cus that would be spoiling it. It's such a great movie too.
    So is that a yes to the request?

4. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Indeed! I'm already making some progress:

[​IMG]

Just a few questions. In your sketched picture, what is the square with the arrow coming out of it next to the pool?

5. Left_4_Pillz

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, that's a roof top exit like you see in many big buildings or apartments, I added you on steam if you'd preffer talking there. I'm on a mini Thanksgiving vacation.

ps. Your picture isn't showing up.

p.p.s. GRAVITY FALLS FOR THE WIN!!!

6. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    How about now?

[​IMG]

Also is it okay if I place the pool in the basement? It'll give a lot more room for the entrance on the first floor then, and players can just go down the stairs to get there.

7. Left_4_Pillz

Positive Ratings:
    Wow this is coming out awesome :D
    And yeah sure basement pool FTW, I know TF2 will probably run the map, I just hope SFM will too.

PS. How many floors will you be able to make it, I've seen tall maps before so I hope it won't be a problem.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  8. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, SFM should be able to run it just fine, I'll compile it in HDR for it.

I can make it quite high, but I'd recommend about 6 max, including the roof.

9. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Micnax, why is your building so much smaller than the references?
    The easy way to measure it would be by number of windows per row, which is 5 and 8 for the short and long side of the building respectively. And 12 windows high, where the 11th and 12th are merged into larger windows.

I mean, there are consistent references here, you don't need to guess or make things up. So I'm just wondering why you chose to do what you did.

10. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    His planned layout asked for 2 windows at the front (3 on the upper floors), 4 down the side. It iffed me a bit but I guess that's how he wants it. I can always add more floors though.

11. Left_4_Pillz

Positive Ratings:
    I like it the way he's making it, besides 7 floors is plenty enough room.