Wrap Assassin Breaking on Nothing

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
I'm having some issues with a map I'm working on where things like the Wrap Assassin's Bauble breaking in thin air without hitting anything. I know this can be caused by func_lods but I'm not using any of that entity in the map in question. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Midlou

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 12, 2016
It looks like this bug involves the game's engine...
Wiki says:

"The Wrap Assassin Bauble cannot pass through certain areas that it should be passing through, causing it to shatter "out of thin air". Usually, this is related to the area being nearby a "moving surface", but it can also happen seemingly randomly on many different occasions. Two such examples are the stairs in the middle of Turbine and the casing around the Control Point of Nucleus."

I had this problem with func_door as well. But I don't know if there is a solution
Thx
sjNLbOZ.jpg

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
It looks like this bug involves the game's engine...
Wiki says:

"The Wrap Assassin Bauble cannot pass through certain areas that it should be passing through, causing it to shatter "out of thin air". Usually, this is related to the area being nearby a "moving surface", but it can also happen seemingly randomly on many different occasions. Two such examples are the stairs in the middle of Turbine and the casing around the Control Point of Nucleus."

I had this problem with func_door as well. But I don't know if there is a solution
Thx
sjNLbOZ.jpg
Only one of these areas has a door by it. Could it be related to something like, occludes? I have some of those in the effected areas.

Midlou

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 12, 2016
Only one of these areas has a door by it. Could it be related to something like, occludes? I have some of those in the effected areas.

I tested with occludes, func_door, func_brush in a test map and nothing happened... BUT, when I tested in a real map, Wrap Assassin's Bauble breaks mid air when aim func_brush... Not a consistent result I have to say... Certainly involves aiming a determined entity.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Very strange, might be related to this bug I found while making mvm_cargoship. In my experience, this has to do with the bounding box of brush entities. I sent this video alongside a bug report to the TFTeam when I finished investigating. However, if these are related, my original theory concerning what type of projectiles are affected might be wrong...