Would you participate in any of these events?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Armadillo of Doom, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Since our server is actually reliable again (fingers crossed), I figure we could do for a change of pace. These are event ideas I see as very possible considering time, effort, etc. I just need to know how appealing they are to all of you :)

Tournament: Both intra-TF2M and TF2M vs. Colt. Lot of possibility here; random assignments, pre-made teams, admin v. admin, admins v. everybody ;)

In game dissection of Valve maps: Chatting about details, technique, and why Valve did things the way they did.

Strategy Talk: Also in game, just flying around the stock maps discussing tips, methods of attack, and so forth.

And lastly, we might consider asking Valve themselves to do a mapping chat w/ us. Pretty big long shot I know, but it would be totally epic if we can. Assuming I get the inner workings of SourceTV figured out, we could broadcast and record the event. Actually, I guess we can do that w/ any event, lol. I forget who suggested it, but a field trip to Valve hq probly won't happen any time soon :( I think trying to arrange a mapping chat/interview w/ them is the next best thing.

So does any of this sound like something you would try?

2. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    I'd love to chat with the Valve team most of all of those things listed. Even better would be to chat with them while playing top maps from our community and see what they have to say on them...

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    The second, yes. The final yes, other two, no (but thats just me)

4. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    Funny Youme, I thought you might enjoy a little competition :p But to each his own. Getting some Valve guys to play and comment on our maps would be like the greatest thing ever in the history of stuff :D I suppose it's no less likely than arranging a mapping discussion w/ them.

5. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Same as youme, though I kind of like the 2nd. You could also try and get successful mappers to explain why they designed/detailed the way they did.

6. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    the 1st might be fun if its casual
    i find absolutely 0 enjoyment wandering around a map and talking about it so the 2nd and 3rd fail in my opinion

and the last...meh...maybe

7. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    If we can request a round or two with any of them, it would be awesome if it pulls through.

8. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    Dammit, there's just no pleasing you guys :p Valve yes, competition no, discussion yes, discussion no, competition if it's casual, Valve maybe. *goes to cry in a corner*

9. Altaco

Altaco L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Getting crits from valve would be amazing.

10. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    heh...well...i don't like to give definite answers regardless...

also...it might be nice to occasionally switch gameday to sunday, ive missed the past 2 gamedays due to the apparent need to have things always be scheduled for saturday around noon... (in real life not the gamedays) and im going to miss this one as well <_<

11. Splat

Splat L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'd be up for some competition tournament-wise actually, could be fun. :D

12. Zwiffle

Zwiffle L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I wouldn't mind an inter-site mapping competition, TF2 vs Colts, moderated by Youme or something. Maybe a coordinated Uber competition after the payload one is done?

13. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings: