Would it be possible to create...

Azulsun

L1: Registered
Oct 3, 2008
...an airlock system on my map? The catch being that it's one that uses water. It's an idea I had for my map that I thought would make it run a little smoother or something if it worked.

But that's beside that point. I had this idea and started wondering if there was any way to make it work. So I thought I'd ask before I hurt myself by trying to make it, being this is my first map ever and I'm not entirely sure I know what I'm doing.

So far I've tried rigging up a small timed system like this and everything works okay except the water doesn't look right... When you look through the airlock doorway from either side you can't see anything.

Let me restate this in plain terms: Is there any possible way one could make a cycling airlock that closes, fills with water, and then opens to let you out of the base, then later can be closed, drained of water, and opens to let you back in? I don't care how difficult or crazy it would be, I'm just really curious now.

Username

L2: Junior Member
Aug 26, 2008
I believe so. It'd involve areaportals, and I don't think you could have a window in the airlock doors. But it's doable.

Captain Planet

L2: Junior Member
Oct 13, 2008
putting water on the side doesn't work, as fire as i know.
Ask snipergen, i thought he created some water glass textures that shows glass with a watery look at the side

Azulsun

L1: Registered
Oct 3, 2008
Could someone actually try and get this to work perhaps? I haven't been able to get it to work myself.