Worst captcha in history.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by A Boojum Snark, Sep 9, 2009.

1. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I was getting some tickets for a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert today (woo!) and was asked to complete this:

[​IMG]

Now is it me or is there is a ¾ stuck in there. :facepalm:
    I wasn't going to waste time trying (presale just opened and I wanted my seats) so I just got a different one, so I don't have the real answer, but it sure as hell looks like that.

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    your keyboard doesnt have a ¾ key?

[​IMG]

3. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    All the cool kids have it ¾___¾

But seriously, it's most likely 3 and 4 next to each other with a stupid scribble in the middle.

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    None of the others (I ended up juggling the system for awhile to get the seats I wanted) had non-character scribbles and were just two "items", where if it was a 3 and a 4 the curvature would lend the captcha to having three "items".

5. FleshGolem

FleshGolem L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I hate those kind of systems, mainly because I always seem to fail at them, steam forums are especially bad.

...and then there are the ones where you're trying to remember username, password and work out one of those stupid codes, and it doesn't tell you which one you got wrong -.-

6. BrokenTripod

BrokenTripod L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was recently trying to win a Muse CD and a chance to go to New York and I had to fill in one of these each time I entered (contest to be texter 1053, but I don't have texting. Alternate method is to fill in your phone number and one of these things)

I got a 1/2 at one point and just typed in 12 and it worked. At some point, I just started testing to see how accurate it expects you to be. From my brief tests (not very scientific) I found that as long as you have 1 character for each obvious character of the alphabet, it'll let you pass. If you make add an additional character it usually doesn't work.

I got some pretty interesting word combinations, including "children factory"

7. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I lol'd.

8. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    clickclickclick.com has the Hardest Captchas I've ever seen. I fail 4/5 of those bitches..

9. JosephOhSnap

JosephOhSnap L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You got me hooked on clickclickclick.com
    They are also the only website i have seen use the + sign in captchas

10. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    These are the captchas of the future:

[​IMG]

11. The Gentlemanne

The Gentlemanne L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Fail.

Solution won't fit in that small box.:p

12. psikobare

psikobare L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    recaptcha is definitely the worst bot checker

i have to reload dozens of times before getting something understable and not too long

13. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    These things piss me off. Certain forums just wont let me get them correct when i obviously have typed them in correctly.

I tried reporting a hacker on my local server's forums and couldn't get on them at all. I tried finding the email of a staff member but had to be a member to view their email :facepalm: There was absolutely no way of contacting the clan or admins. I tried to get several friends to get past this process for me and create my account but all of them had the same poblem.

Oh well.