Worried about gameday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Icarus, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Would it be possible to set up a gameday among the community if a gameday topic isn't started?

A lot of us (myself included) are anxious to get the next gameday started especially since the last one was reserved for the contest.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. ikem

ikem L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    yea and i need to know if i need to push my map to a workable release for saturday

3. Pink_Panther

Pink_Panther L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    i am more than happy to offer up my server if I am available. Its sitting on my desk, so i have pretty much free rain of it. But, will only handle 8 maybe 10 players. But, its a definate alternative.

For those that may not have read through the extreamly long thread ... I offered it up at http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4941&page=4

I work a rotating schedule so it can only be avaiable every other weekend. I would also make time slots 1 hour or less (at mappers request) and limit testing to 4 hours. So, 4 to 6 maps each 'gameday'.

Phil

4. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    My server is also available, as per the sig. From what I get from the chat room, it was intended to just gameday the contest entries again this Saturday.

5. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    yep...and as always my server is available...for anything...
    im toying with a plugin that switches maps based on the time of day, to make gamedays a completely hands free admin approach

6. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I.... have no good excuse... completely forgot...
    since setting up a gameday this saturday would give people 2 days to do it in.... but people probably have some from last week they need tested....but you cant give it to others if .... and sandboxes most definitely are NOT blue.... oh, right.... thread going up now

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    No need to apologize. I told you we'd have a couple weekends off, and it's only been 1 so far ;)