CP Wobblypop A4a

Replace your old addiction with a new and potentially more harmful one!

1. OctoBlitz

OctoBlitz L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Wobblypop - Replace your old addiction with a new and potentially more harmful one!

Wobblypop is a symmetrical 5cp map set between a Blu controlled Soda Factory and a Red owned Brewery with inspiration taken from Process, Sunshine, and Highpass!

This map is my entry into the TF2maps Back to Basics contest and my 2nd attempt at a 5cp map after AirRaid!

Special thanks to @Xelily for helping me with displacements on the map and minor feedback regarding suggesting on what areas of other maps to take inspiration on during development!

Any feedback on the map is greatly appreciated, happy testing!

(P.S. to any Demoknights: The ramp props at mid can launch you if you charge at them!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:
    A new update to Wobblypop has been released! Following changes include;

General Changes:
    • Downsized the entire map due to overscaling
    • Remade Mid and last
    • fixed forward spawn doors for each team to not allow the players to get into the spawn room again.
    • fixed alot of visleaf issues the map had.
    • Reworked Connectors

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  3. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:
    Wobblypop has been updated to A2a!

General changes include:

• Added signs to better help guide players around the map
    • Fixed a bug in Blu's first forward spawn causing players to spawn underground.
    • Fixed a bug allowing players to trap other players in red's forward respawn room. (if the bug persists I will allow the forward spawns to be opened from both sides and lock when the forward spawn is moved back.)
    • Added ramps at mid to help players easily get onto the point.
    • Lowered wall at last to allow sentries on the high ground to actively shoot at players attempting to cap.
    • fixed a gap in between a door at 2nd into last's connectors.

4. pk.pseudo

pk.pseudo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    While this map has a lot of potential, theres a huge glaring flaw that NEEDS to be fixed. The sheer size of rooms and areas. They're MASSIVE. It feels extremely off, and trying to get to the action from spawn as slow classes is a slog. I highly suggest you scale the map down or reduce the size of some rooms and areas because to get to and fight in these areas can kinda be a pain. The map has big potential! I wish you luck on the map!

5. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:
    An update to Wobblypop is here!

General changes:
    • Completely remade Mid from scratch and redesigned connectors to become shorter routes to mid.

• Divided lower connector into mid into 2 rooms and raised the 2nd floor

• Shortened the farthest connector to allow for a shorter time traveled between mid and 2nd

• Redesigned main route to mid to decrease chances of getting sniped when traveling to mid

• Moved both 2nd forward spawns underneath mid's control point

• Fixed a major bug in forward spawns causing players to get trapped inside forward spawns, this was caused by me not knowing how to make 1 way forward spawn doors, these have been changed to regular respawnroom doors for the time being.
    At this point now I think I'm happy with the way Mid looks and I cannot wait to see how the map plays. I am currently looking for feedback on both the new mid and more importantly last as I feel players may think of it as claustrophobic and too closed off to be of any benefit to both the defending team and the attackers.

If you have any feedback reguarding the map please let me know either through this thread or through Discord. Happy testing! :medal:

6. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:

General Changes

• Re-added a well door to Red side

• All forward spawn doors are now one way only

• Removed all Spawn teleporters

• Remade doors underneath Mid so they are not clipping through the bridge

• Tweaked high ground connectors at mid

• Added a welcome camera to Mid
    After Yesterday's testing I am happy with how Mid plays for now, though changes to the layout, props, and the additions/removal of Health and Ammo are expected, I am now looking for further feedback on Last and its connectors as they are going to be fully remade by A4 based on feedback, after A4 and its subsequent tests I will be starting to detail and ask for further feedback regarding layout and game-play from a Competitive standpoint.

7. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:
    • Fixed a bug where Blu's forward spawn doors would overlap causing the door to remain permanently closed.

• Added a small health under the point just to test how that would effect gameplay

• fixed a sign on red displaying a blu arrow instead of a red arrow

8. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings:

General changes:

• COMPLETELY REDESIGNED LAST
    • Remade routes going into last from 2nd

• Added much needed health and ammo to mid

• Removed some cover at 2nd that caused engineers to be too powerful

• Packed the map to feature new custom models and textures

Forklift model by Rexy

(special thanks to YoshiMario and Blade for assistance on helping me make the custom Cola and Beer water textures)
    If testing goes well I will finish up making minor adjustments to the layout as needed and will start detailing. As of A4 I am now also taking feedback suggestions from a competitive perspective.

9. OctoBlitz

Positive Ratings: