wired a2

A mannpower map designed for the mayann update by hutty.

1. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    undertome - A mannpower map designed for the mayann update by hutty.

A mannpower map designed for the mayann update. First alpha is going to be a little rough. Sorry in advanced.

2. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    change log:
    Halved the size of mid
    New underground route
    Added basic textures
    Moved powerup spawns
    Changed intel platform to a building
    Changed name to ctf_wired

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jekyllson

Jekyllson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like it! I thought the layout was fairly unintuitive, but I'm guessing that might have been your intention, and it fits with the Indiana Jones part of the theme.

[​IMG]

This pillar is the worst. Whenever I wanted to grapple up from below, I would always run into it and have to maneuver around it.

[​IMG]

Two small health packs here. Also, it would be really cool if the river was a trap, and it swept the player out into the open. Since everyone has grappling hooks, it wouldn't mean certain death, but I think it would make for a fun mechanic that would be a fun surprise for people who fail to make the jump above or try to get the health for the first time.

[​IMG]

This corner is just kind of here.

[​IMG]

It struck me as kind of odd that there's a powerup holder right here, since I picked one up on the way to get the enemy's intelligence. It's just a little weird that it would be right in the middle of a direct path to the intelligence, when most of the time you have to go a little bit out of your way to pick up a powerup.

[​IMG]

I would widen this hole for convenience. It also would look better as a collapsed part of the floor instead of a manmade-looking hole, since Wired doesn't currently use the "ruin" aspect of the map in its design very much.

[​IMG]

Is this meant to be a death trap? It's currently just kind of annoying. I like the idea of having the players navigate through a simple death trap to obtain powerups (similar to the one on Hellfire), though, especially since, again, the theme of Indiana Jones-style temples.

Overall, though, it's a great start, and I look forward to maybe playing it in an imp! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. hutty

aa hutty

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the feedback most of these suggestions are good ones, I'll look into them.