[WIP] The persuit

Oct 25, 2007
Here's what I'm working on. I finally have all the parts assembled. It's an attempt to create a TF2 version of Hunted, one of the original TFC maps. This time however, instead of a VIP, you have a VIB (very important briefcase). Red has to stop Blue from reaching the drop off. Blue has to carry the brief case to their headquarters before the time runs out.

Outside the blue headquarters:
persuit0002.jpg

(3d skybox under construction).

Inside the blue headquarters:
persuit1.jpg

(The blue HQ should be brighter by release time).

station2.jpg

One of the building in stage 2.

The map is pretty big. To help players navigate, I've sectioned off areas as Stage1, Stage2 and Stage3. I'm also putting diagrams in the different spawn points:

Click to see a larger picture.

This map looks pretty rough, but depending on where the players are and how well their team is doing, the maps will either look more professional or more scribbled.

When the Blue team opens a door to the next stage, the Red team's respawn point is moved to that new area. However, Blue always starts from the same spawnpoint, so they have to run through the entire map to get back to the dropped flag (which doesn't respawn). Blue has no respawn delay, Red however has a 15 second respawn delay.

Let me know what you think.

Oct 25, 2007
This looks quite fun. Wasn't this originally going to be a TC?

I was working on a TC map, but I wasn't happy with how it was coming along, so I scrapped it. I used portions and elements of other maps I had abandoned and cobbled this one together. I think it'll stand out as being very different from any other maps out there.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
ah finnaly spaceweasels i was waiting for you to post something about your map.
What i see is that it looks great so far. The only negative thing that catches my eye is the church. It looks a bit weird with the texure etc..
I just LOVE the hand drawn map on the wall. LOVE it!

First pic, is that a custom decal of the blue logo? The colour isnt right, look here what valve does:

http://www.valvesoftware.com/publications/2007/NPAR07_IllustrativeRenderingInTeamFortress2.pdf and look for colour scheme :p

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2007
ah finnaly spaceweasels i was waiting for you to post something about your map.

What i see is that it looks great so far. The only negative thing that catches my eye is the church. It looks a bit weird with the texure etc..

I just LOVE the hand drawn map on the wall. LOVE it!

Thanks for the comments.

The screenshot of the "church" is an old one, the roof textures are different.I'm also changing the fence and replacing it with a wall.

First pic, is that a custom decal of the blue logo? The colour isnt right

Yeah it's a custom decal. The colour might seem weird, but there's a strong shadow casting over it. I'm still fiddling with the environmental light. Once I'm done, it should have a much clearer look.

Here's a close up of it (and other custom textures I've made).
texturedwall.jpg

Last edited: