[WIP] tc_meridian

ColdFire

L2: Junior Member
Mar 11, 2008
Well, it seems it's a sourcemod plugin which makes the server crash on sudden death on meridian
I've tried without the addons folder, and with sourcemod but half the plugins, and it worked without problem (alone, though, to test with a full server)
I'm gonna reactivate plugins one after another to find the real culprit.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
missing texture?
tc_meridian_b40000.jpg

small thing where the crosshair is

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Very frustrating as a heavy, such long sightlines I never really made it onto the boat itself :(

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
Sniper friendly.
One of the few maps that are sniper friendly enough.
Got a Screenshot for you , dont got time to post it now, so i'll post it tommorow.

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
I really really enjoyed defending and using airblast and force-a-nature to knock people into the deadly water...but balance wise i think it might be more difficult than red's final.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Still feels cramped. The BLU spawn was confusing, I kept going out the wrong door, and the doors weren't very obvious against the wall. The drop-down hole was kind of hidden and took work to fall through, but was a good route.

I like that the RED and BLU final caps are near opposites, but it isn't really working well for the boat. The intel room is just too cluttered and cramped. I'm pretty sure you can make an intel room that is open and attackable within the confines of the boat, you've managed to make 5 other intel rooms that work great.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Those screens look very nice. The only thing I have a problem with are the things underneath the steel door in the top right of the first shot and top left of the second. Looks out of place.

Hurm. I need to actually play Meridian again, sometime.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Hey, the interior looks a lot more ship-like, with the shape of the doorways and the support beams. And the layout makes it better for holding/attacking imo. Be glad to see it tested.

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
Re: tc_merdian_b4

I don't know if it's been previously mentioned...and I don't know if it is the way that valve does it on tc_hydro...but we were playing this on my server the other day and blu pushed red all the way back to the last point, and then red won and pushed blu all the way back to the village. I'm guessing time ran out or something, as the map ended. I noticed that both teams had 0 points when the scoreboard screen came up. It kind of felt like each team should have had 1 point for every round they won.

Also, there was this point on the boat where I expected to see a respawn room visualizer or the little hand telling me I couldn't go through this door.
picture.php

There's no way of knowing if that was intentional or neglect...but I thought you should know that as a player the way it is now I thought it was going to open when I ran up to it.

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
re: tc_meridian_b4

The difference between having model set to high
picture.php

and models set to medium

picture.php

in your visual settings

GrimGriz

Jan 2, 2009
LOD = level of detail?

I dunno, I had a 6800, then and 8600, and now a 9800...and I'm still getting down to 15 FPS on some maps. 2 Ghz and 2.5 gig of ram...kinda old..I'm replacing those next and crossing my fingers.