[WIP]tc_freezerburn

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
Right, well, this is me entry for the mapping contest. Despite the chronology of thread creation, this is NOT a ripoff of jamin's map, in mine, BLU's base is in an ice mountain, not a glacier, so there! Though it would have been cool if I had the work ethic to quickly whip up this concept art in 5 hours instead of the 5 weeks it actually did take me.

freezerburnpromo4.jpg

The Situation: RED and BLU have built their own weather control devices deep in their respective secret bases. Only problem is is that RED's device can only make the weather hotter and BLU's device can only make the weather colder. The mission for each team is to capture the other's device in order to have conplete control over the weather!.... well at least the temperature, anyway. I dunno if they wanted precipitation or anything. hmm. But who cares!?

And that's all I have for an overview thus far. Stay tuned!

ThatGuy

L2: Junior Member
Nov 5, 2007
wow i'm amazed with that concept art! it looks brilliant, sounds like a nice map to. Good luck!

Logo

L3: Member
Oct 25, 2007
Awesome concept and art.

My only complaint... I don't like the name. It sounds kinda generic to me and matches too closely with frostfire and freezers.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You are so gunna beat me :( but at least I will be able to play on this map :D

Shun

L1: Registered
Jan 17, 2008
Awesome concept and art.

My only complaint... I don't like the name. It sounds kinda generic to me and matches too closely with frostfire and freezers.

I agree on the name. For some reason I thought of cp_heatsink, take it or leave it :p

Logo

L3: Member
Oct 25, 2007
I'd even say to go something more abstract say like tc_elements.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
hasnt heatsink already been done? I thought that freezethaw would have been better personally. but whatever, its up to the mapper.
it sounds like a cool idea and I'm confident of roden's ability so I'm sure it will be great :)

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
Well the concept I got from Mario Galaxy's Freezeflame Galaxy, so I was like "Ok what's a good similar name, how about Freezerburn? That's got both hot and cold elements in it! Brilliant!"

meh, I'll think on it a bit more

Narkissus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 22, 2008
Well the concept I got from Mario Galaxy's Freezeflame Galaxy, so I was like "Ok what's a good similar name, how about Freezerburn? That's got both hot and cold elements in it! Brilliant!"

meh, I'll think on it a bit more

I absolutely loved that freezeflame galaxy, probably the best galaxy in the whole game.
I like that your trying to duplicate that feel in tf2, should be great.

jamin620

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2008
actually that looks like it will be a lot different than my map. My map wont be that big at all. plus the Red is lava blue is Ice idea is so obvious that claiming ownership to it would be pretty dumb.

If you need custom art I would be happy to share the stuff I whipped up for my map ( I guess its time for me to figure out a name...) though if that painting is any measure you might not need my stuff at all.

in any event, looks great.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Despite the chronology of thread creation, this is NOT a ripoff of jamin's map...

The Situation: RED and BLU have built their own weather control devices...
Well, it seems you aren't the only one to have to worry about "rip off"-ness :p The map I've been working on since november has been planned around a weather control device and I haven't managed to post a thread on it yet from moving along too slow :D

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Bump, I know you've actually been working on this roden, it would be nice to see/hear/play some kind of progress.....

/me looks hopeful

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
i use my friking rocket proppeled chainsawS!
my first useless post!

Last edited: