[WIP] Separate Payload Cart Parts

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
I decompiled the standard payload and created some separate models for:

Wheels
Cart Dispenser
Alarm Light

I made these because I think it should me easier for everyone to use custom payload carts.

I posted this as a WIP because you can add your suggestions here for more parts of the payload.
And because there are probably still some (graphical) bugs.
And Valve's base cart doesn't have a physics model)
It's also possible that someone else made these payload parts as well, but google didn't find them ;).

Examples of things you can make with these (Yes, even you can make carts like these):

1. A very easy to make payload.
A crate with explosives with a few propane tanks:
newcarts0003ps9.jpg

2. "Happy Birthday"
newcarts0004ar5.jpg

3. "Where's the bomb?"
newcarts0005bc8.jpg

Link:
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=815

Last edited:

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
*Removed 90% confusion from this thread*

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Holy shit that's awesome. Using the alarm light and it's particle effect with it would make an awesome addition to any map. Say... BLU is about to take the final cap, the particle effect goes off in the BLU spawn, so those spawning know they are about to win. Think about it, new team members of RED and BLU wouldn't really know how everyone's doing, because, nobody has a HUD over their eyes.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
would it be possible to make something like this but a heavy on a stretcher?

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
You could use a heavy ragdoll or something like that (use you creative skills, yes the same skills you use for mapping :p ), but the real model is a lot better imo ;)

BTW, I made a cart filled with bodypart gibs today, that is possible too :p

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
snowplow cart?

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
self said:
use you creative skills, yes the same skills you use for mapping

But I think this one is interesting: try an arch with brushes ;). (looks nice imo)

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
I made this little snowplow payload in 15 minutes with only props and func_Brushes, so if you really want one you can make a much better one yourself ;)

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I don't know if anyone else gets this, but the models come up as invisible for me. I can find them in the model browser, but aren't rendered in the model browser, Hammer, or TF2. I'm sure I extracted them correctly. I'll be back on Steam within an hour or so. Just tell me what to do in the group chat.

Bonafide

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 18, 2008
Most people I know like surfing on the payload cart (the ones that know you can jump on it anyway) and from those screenshots I can pretty much tell they cant be surfed. Except maybe the presents one.

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
@bonafide
erm the screenshot you can see there are examples of carts you can make with the parts
As a side note, you can surf on the carts i made there as examples ;)

@Void, restart Hammer. And check again the folder (someone else had the same problem but he unpacked the files in the folder models/props_trainyard/props_trainyard (because I packed the files already in a map props_trainyard)

@ a random moderator: plz change the name of the thread to "[WIP] Separate Payload Cart Parts" to stop confusion

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
@Void, restart Hammer. And check again the folder (someone else had the same problem but he unpacked the files in the folder models/props_trainyard/props_trainyard (because I packed the files already in a map props_trainyard)

Ehm I did that too but I still didn't see them.
You have to take them out of the second 'props_trainyard' folder and paste them in the first one. Then you'll see them!