[wip] rd_lab

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Alright, I'm back from my break and I'm working on this map again, and I'll (hopefully) be able to have my newest version of this map tested. If anyone can point me in the direction of who may be able to host it, I'd be thankful. (And testing it as not a full version but an in-development version).

You can have it tested right here on the TF2Maps servers! You have a choice of either submitting it to the Saturday gamedays (rules here, submission opens Thurs/Fri) or hanging out in the steam group chat and putting your map forward when an impromptu test is being organized.

WillWow_mc

L2: Junior Member
Nov 29, 2014
RE: Testing the map
Alrighty, thank you.
RE: Disabling HUD and weapon model
Thanks for that, I should be able to use that sometime.

Also, I'm planning on putting a quick YouTube video up which is a 'tour' of the map, along with saying some future plans, and explaining where I took elements from Asteroid's layout, design and problems.

Last edited:

WillWow_mc

Nov 29, 2014
Alright, I've now uploaded the video. It's all just on-the-spot recording of hammer, while I explain some things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f81-kMjUlQs

(yes, I know, I know, it's possible someone else made another robot destruction map before me, but I feel like I'm the first. Sorry if you've made a robot destruction map before me and I've 'taken' the claim, please let me know!! Oh, and to the person making the invasion gamemode, do you consider that to be robot destruction, or diff? As it's not the same as asteroid)

Last edited:

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
I made a video for your map:

Some handy links you should also check out:

Naming Conventions (alpha, beta, release candidate)

3D Skybox Best Method

Commands:
mat_leafvis 3 -> Shows all the areas of the map sectioned off by 'world geometry'. Each area is being asked 'can you see the player' all the time - adds to compile time and kills fps if there are a lot.
mat_wireframe 3 -> Wireframe mode to show everything currently being drawn.
nav_generate -> Generate the navigation mesh. Nav ends up at tf/maps/ directory.

WillWow_mc

Nov 29, 2014
RE: Nav meshes, I didn't know packing them worked, so I didn't include it in the bsp...

I'll check the video asap. Thanks in advance, though. :)