[WIP] pl_twister

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by ikem, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ikem

ikem L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    well since i found a way to make a tornado easily i am going to take the theme and finish the map.

here is a vid to sho u just the twister (still needs work) and a little portion of the map

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiOwQQchzE"]YouTube - pl_twister[/ame]

and there will be a flying cow or two

hehe

2. ikem

Positive Ratings:
    new screens

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    Niiiiice! Looks good! But is that the default HL2 sky? I hope not!

4. tenaciousg

tenaciousg L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    wow.. haha neat little twister you got.. what i would add to it is a soundbite that just loops. something so that as you get closer to it the volume will increase, if possible.

5. ikem

Positive Ratings:
    @ zpqrei : yea it is i havent edited the map properties yet lol

@ tenaciousg : i was going to make it have a sound later down the road

btw here is the finale tornado (i didnt render the bottom portion so u could see the effect)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_u1hLYqDKY&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - tornado try 2[/ame]

6. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should let the tornado create new paths when you capture points -> flying buildings :)

(actually you shouldn't because dynamic brushes can't be build on by engies and can't be sticked by demomen :/ )

BTW, is this a custom particle, because custom particles aren't loaded when packed with pakrat yet. :(

7. ikem

Positive Ratings:
    lol u would never guess what it is,.... well u might but it isnt custom at all... and i was thinkin of having some roofs come off where they really dont matter in the map