[WIP] pl_kerosene

ikem

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 8, 2008
i couldnt change the name of the thread so here is the official WIP thread of pl_kerosene

Kerosene is extracted from a mixture of petroleum chemicals found deep within the earth. This mixture consists of oil, rocks, water, and other contaminates in subterranean reservoirs made of porous layers of sandstone and carbonate rock.

i will plly add a coal factory, water purifier, maybe a open pit mine, and then the processing plant (red base)

pl_unknown10000.jpg

pl_unknown10001.jpg

pl_unknown10002.jpg

pl_unknown10003.jpg

pl_unknown10004.jpg

pl_unknown10005.jpg

pl_unknown10006.jpg

pl_unknown10007.jpg

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
use cl_leveloverview # for Level Overviews next time :)

This looks like a nice and tight map :D

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
why do some of the pipes com out darker than the others. it seems like the shadow is on the entire prop, is it cuz i used fast vis?

pl_kerosene0003.jpg

pl_kerosene0005.jpg

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
This looks very promising. In the second picture you have some totally black brushes because you're most likely using some prop materials - better change those textures.

VVis is not calculating the lights, vrad is responsible for that and you have to do a full compile to get nice shadows on those props. Switch to expert compile options and use "HDR Full compile (-final)" for the best result. Here's the full parameter list you need for vrad:

-lights lights_additional.rad -both -StaticPropLighting -StaticPropPolys -textureshadows -final -game $gamedir $path\$file

A full compile will of course last longer than a normal one.

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
yea i know that was bad lol it has been fixed

edit : thanks for the prop fix, so it will do that until i final compile it

Last edited:

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
as of right now it has been made into a 2 part (Stage 1 - 3 caps; Stage 2 - 2 caps) pl_ map

the first stage is working perfect. and i just have to get some barricades up. other than that the texturing is like 90% done.

time do optimize.

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
Looking pretty good so far. I'll be honest though, it is a bit bland. You're following the Alpine style very well, but I think you should try and create some more creative buildings and use other textures than the sheet metal, try and put your own personal touch to it.

Also be careful with this texture:
pl_unknown10003.jpg

Add some brushes to look like wooden supports to make those wood beam textures look a bit smoother. Also you could probably shift the textures a bit for better consistency.

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
yea i know i just havent gotten that far yet, i am working on the game type entities and basic optimiazation now

ikem

Dec 8, 2008
this one will be dead for a while...

/me cries