[WIP] pl_boondoggle

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Boondoggle​
A 3 checkpoint payload map by Midel and Mort.

Current Download: N/A ATM

Boondoggle - The overall point of the map's theme is about pits and a waste of time. There are three pits all together as well as 3 checkpoints for the Blu Team.

Alpha 01:
12-01-08: This is to be our first maps released publicly. There have been a few problems and things that we need to finish code before we can release for Alpha 01. Such as the cart forcing players inside the cart while pushing it, or getting them stuck in a few walls. Another thing that needs to be finished is the final explosion. Also, the hud needs to be programmed so the game can show who wins ATM. I've been handling construction and optimization while Midel makes sure things work properly.

In addition, some areas aren't as detailed as others for alpha testing still.

Hopefully, we can release next week once coding issues are fixed.

Pictures:

pl_boondoggle_a010163.jpg

pl_boondoggle_a010164.jpg

pl_boondoggle_a010165.jpg

pl_boondoggle_a010169.jpg

Credit where credit is do: These buildings were made originally for the prefab contest #4 and were open to public use.

Sgt Frag: (Original)
pl_boondoggle_a010167.jpg

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow: (Original)
pl_boondoggle_a010168.jpg

Banni: (Original
pl_boondoggle_a010171.jpg

Comments and critiques appreciated!

Last edited:

toutfou

L3: Member
Sep 8, 2008
Looks nice! Good use of the prefab buildings too :) I'm sure they'd be happy to see them being used so well!

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Thank you Toutfou. I hope it plays well enough.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
I'm waiting for the download link to give it a try :)

Also, the barn in the second shot? That is freakin' awesome looking.

I'm also somewhat partial towards another building you used :) Actually, those vents on top of the smaller tower, if you just took it from the prefab, are prop_dynamics, but I forgot to set up the animations correctly.