[WIP] Pipeball- final release either soon or right now

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by The Asylum, Nov 29, 2008.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Apparently, everyone just loves Pipeball.

Taking into consideration the little gripes I got in today's Gameday (and explaining why I can't fix some of them), I feel that Pipeball is pretty much ready to go now. Some screens illustrating the changes from b1:

[​IMG]
    Slanted goal shields! By suggestion, these will help keep the ball in the middle of the field, and therefore always moving. Small health and ammo are still behind the shields

[​IMG]
    Removed the vphysics_clip brush in the hallways which sucessfully blocked the ball- and the Demoman's nades. Replaced with posts. Keeps ball out, lets nades in.

[​IMG]
    Also went Nodraw-happy on the non-visible brush sides. y helo thar optimization

[​IMG]
    BONK

Well?

2. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its simple yet fun, I like it. The gameplay works well.. The only comment I have for it before you make it final is make some custom textures for the scoreboard to replace the blocky ones and zero's with some nicer ones, make it a dynamic too so each number doesnt need its own spot.

3. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    I was trying to go for the 1970s Rollerball charm with the scoreboard, but oh well.

4. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I still think you can do the lower score board with only 3 CPs, rather than 4. Also, there are some places you can do visual touch ups, like the slanted barricades in the center (the supports need to have their textures rotated 90 degrees). Finally, I just got curious about this last night, and I'm sure theres nothing you could do about it, but if a demo shot nades off the side of the map, into the teleporter for the ball, what would happen? Great map, something that makes for a fun break away from the normal stuff.

5. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    a gimmick/'fun' map that is actually fun!
    I liked it on gameday.

6. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    The Demoman's nades have a 4-second fuse, and the tele triggers themselves are pretty far below the map itself. Even if a nade did manage to touch the triggers within 4 seconds of firing, it would be teleported inside of the ball dispenser and explode. So unless someone somehow got inside of the dispenser (impossible thanks to playerclip brush), the nade would go off harmlessley.

7. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    ^^^haha disregard that i suck cocks

Apparently the Demoman's nades aren't physics objects after all; they're just affected by the vphysics_clip brush. Weird.

ETA: Here's what will probably be the final design for the scoreboards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like my Rollerball charm, dammit.

Textures on the RED's goal shield are fixed, added a bit of delay before the second goal fires the win output (to fill in the center CP square to let the other team know that they done fucked up)

If that's it then, I'm packin 'er up and shipping her out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  8. Memento Mori

Memento Mori L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    The shadow underneath the middle looks really wierd, maybe clipping a hole for a light to go in would fix it.

9. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    shadow actually looks good to me. looking forward to putting the final on the server.

10. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Final?

Oh right, I already did that. I just completley forgot to tell you guys.

brb, uploading

11. Caspian30

Caspian30 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:

LL SAE is waiting :)
    Or does the server have the final version already?

12. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, Sarge has it. Just bug him to put it on, as it's not in regular rotation.