[WIP] party_fortress

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
party_fortress is just a working name. It's a very gimmick fun map, but it should fit the TF2 style, and a style that fits the class your playing.

The idea is to have 10 rounds, it starts with a team base round, then each round a with class specific "task". Each round won will give your team a point.

All rounds with an * have been tested, and work 100%, all rounds without an * are just ideas.

1. Invasion(All classes)*
Objective: Capture the fortress as a team, It's a bit like king of the hill, but with multiple "hills" (towers). You get a point for each tower you own every 10 seconds.
Time: 5 Minutes
Winner: Most Points

2. Rooftop(Soldier)*
Objective: Aim at the enemies feet to blast him from the roof, it's very hard to die, so the only way to score points is blasting your enmies from the roof.
Winner: Most Points

3. Hide and Seek(Scout)
Objective: You have X seconds to hide all intels in your area. Then search in the enemy's area for their intels. Each intel gives a point.
Time: 5 Minutes + X seconds.
Winner: Most Points or first to find all.

4. Drunken Demoliton(Demoman)*
Objective: Destroy all of the enemies bottles of scotch, while under the effects of being drunk. (Blurred vision, strange sounds ect.)
Winner: Most destructions, or first to do destroy all.

5. Frankenstein(Medic)*
Objective: Find X demoman gibs to revive the exploded demomen, then "heal" the parts as fast as possible to be the first to revive all demoman. Each revived demoman gives a point.
Time: 5 minutes
Winner: Most revives.

6. Infiltration(Spy)*
Objective: Infiltrate the enemy base as spy. This will include invisablity removers, diguise removers, disable turrets, random security doors ect.
Time: 10 Minutes
Winner: Most obstacles.

7. Marksman(Sniper)*
Objective: Plain targets to shoot, easy ones hard ones. Also with "buffs" and "hexes". Like spawn as spy at enemy camp, vision to the enemy base, slower targets, bigger targets, glass that must be destroyed. "Hostages" that kill the first one that shoots it.
Winner: Most points.

8. Find the Sandvich(HWG)*
Objective: There are a lot of boxes and 1 sandvich is randomly assigned, find it before the enemy does by destroying the boxes. After it has been find a new mini-round will start.
Winner: Most points.

9. Pyro(Pyro)
No good ideas yet.

10. Tank(Engy)*
Objective: Upgrade your tank to build a better one than the enemies. You can also sap the enemies equipment. After that there will be a fight.
Time: 10 + 5 Minutes
Winner: Most health left (by %)

Last edited:

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
you're a crazy man :)

But I'm interested to see have you have done "healings gibs" and such.

For pyro, there is no working flammable mechanics, I believe. But you may devise something about the compression blast. Maybe progression on tiny catwalks with an objective similar to rooftop

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
you're a crazy man :)

No, i just just trying to make "impossible" things with tf2. Or is that what ppl call crazy? :p
But I'm interested to see have you have done "healings gibs" and such.
I binded gibs to a flag. And to heal them I made a few breakable with a lot of health that send an output when damaged. After X times the damages a "come back to life" effect is shown and you are rewarded a point ;) then the next gibs spawn. Btw I made mistake in that discription because you first have to collect an amount of gibs to "repair" X demomen. Will fix that.

The hardest one of those to make was a upgradeable Tank but I'll keep that a secret for now :p

For pyro, there is no working flammable mechanics, I believe. But you may devise something about the compression blast. Maybe progression on tiny catwalks with an objective similar to rooftop
The catwalk thing is something that already has been done by a few ppl. And there might be a way to set things on fire. I know the damage type a pyro does is "fire touch" dmg (it's the only dmg in tf2 that the console tells you with the dmg report console command) but i dont think it's assigned to a (hidden) number in the dmg filter entity.
I had the idea like "Pass the Bomb" ( a physics entity that explodes after a random X seconds) but I don't want to kill a server with physics lag :p.

Last edited:

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
Thats a pretty good idea, and I'll make the pyro's invulnerable so they only get knocked back :) *starts testing*

I hope to finish this fast so I can make a first alpha

Last edited:

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
You may spawn various projectiles (sentry rockets ?) and have the pyro deflect them on precise locations.

Do you know how to do that? Ive been trying to find a way to tf_projectile_rockets (soldier rockets), but never found a good way.

savageindigo

L1: Registered
Nov 11, 2008
Wow this sounds amazing... sounds like Mario party games made for warcraft (Uther Party)

Can't wait to see it.... do you need any testers? :) I want to try the spy thing out

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
It is currently on hold :p

But that was the idea (both mario party and uther party, played both :p )

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'm all for some experimental maps every now and then (there are so many lumber themed maps out there, a "break" is nice), but I wonder...won't you need tons and tons of players for the different stages to fill up at once? And what if there are no opponents in a specific class's task?

EDIT: Oh, wait, I was under the impression that all the class specific rounds would be played simultaneously... but on second thought, it makes more sense to me that they're all played in order, one by one. Is that what you're planning?

I could see this being very fun, in fact. Would love to try it.

Zeewier

Sep 20, 2008
It´s not like cp_best_in_class ;) :p

It forces you to join the class when the round is played ;) So every1 is playing the same class.
(10 rounds :p)

And it doesn't really require a special skill :)