[WIP] industrial buildings

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
I started to create some buildings inspired by the mini mapping contest and I have tons of ideas so I thought I'll show some progress in this thread. Eventually I might put some of the buildings together into one playable map. Here's two things I spend some hours on. Both of those are about half way finished.

a farm style building

a factory building

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
*picks up jaw*

Really, i opened them all up in a tab and went through them. I love the farm building, and the second i i saw the first factory building i thought "it would be so crazy to be able to get up top" then going through the pictures i noticed stairs heading out to the area =))

great job, looks really good.

Dec 25, 2007
Very nice. Where's the crane model from? I don't recall seeing it before.

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
The factory is definately too big for the competition so I don't consider this as a submission. I started with the 1024x2048 boundary but as I progressed with the building it became bigger and bigger.

The crane model is from HL2 because there's no TF2 crane model that I know of. I think it fits quite well with the TF2 style.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Wow, these look great! They have some fantastic detail, especially the industrial building.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
It's an interesting structure, that last one. Looks very untraditional and weird, but I think it would work great for spicing up a map.

laghlagh

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 15, 2008
That crane fits perfectly, I had no idea that wasn't from tf2. Bloody brilliant!