WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

• Site Migration: See bugs? Report them here. Want something changed or have an idea? Suggest it here.

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
It's not about an advertisment technique - Its about why are you doing something that is counter to tf2's artstyle and looks bad? There's nothing stopping you doing that, but I hope you have a better reason than "lol idunno".
Because people are allowed to have fun with the things they make, and you don't have to call them bad for doing it.

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
He never said Uncuepa was a bad person, he's critiquing detailing. It's no different than if he'd used a realistic texture and someone said it didn't fit the game's art style.
It's different in that I would explain to you what's wrong and not say you do stupid things instead.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Or you could use one of the sweet coffee posters from the construction pack. /obviousplug.

Joking aside, I can give you a PSD of the coffee posters from that pack, if you're interested of course.

Props for the helpful post Lem, people often overlook type choice when making overlays, and it usually makes them stand out like a sore thumb.

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
Let me just put this to rest. It's not a big deal, it's one of many posters that will be on the finished map and yes it's not 100% accurate for the time period but it's my artistic vision and at the end of the day, I can make what I want. I accept the critique and have made a simple, artstyle accurate version that will also be on the map, but I also like the text-filled version. Let that be the end of wip thread spam.

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Thoughts?

clifftop_001.png

clifftop_002.png

Jan 20, 2010

You already showed me this, but I gotta say again: this shit is dope as hell.

Let me just put this to rest. It's not a big deal, it's one of many posters that will be on the finished map and yes it's not 100% accurate for the time period but it's my artistic vision and at the end of the day, I can make what I want. I accept the critique and have made a simple, artstyle accurate version that will also be on the map, but I also like the text-filled version. Let that be the end of wip thread spam.

You can have the text-filled version and still have it fit with the game's art style. Just use proper fonts, hierarchy, and font-setting.

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
I was really hoping I could finish an a1 before december, so I actually could meet a deadline for once:
9LfhkYy.jpg

gSICr1f.jpg

M5DpqP9.jpg

But I couldn't.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
So, I wanted to make one big change for Cruise in a14.

Should I remove the Nucleus-like thing above the point?

2015-11-14_00004-jpg.7104

Last edited:

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Rate "Like" for Yes, and "Creative" for No.
Can we please not use the rating system like this?

Also, I forgot to pimp out slug for all those positive ratings so:
ABtlmxZ.jpg

751JHl8.jpg

point has now been moved into the bridge, figured I'd try it out
3pwPYZa.jpg

sBSh3AU.jpg

also tried out some texturing because I should probably learn how to detail already..

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
Can we please not use the rating system like this?

Also, I forgot to pimp out slug for all those positive ratings so:
- snip -
point has now been moved into the bridge, figured I'd try it out
- snip -
also tried out some texturing because I should probably learn how to detail already..

Looks good ibex!
Gotta say, the metal roofs look rather thick. 4hu thick is a good number :)

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
Here's some big changes happening in cp_14bit_a3! I still need a good name btw.

Point A got moved a bit and some things got shuffled around:
df142248f4.jpg

Here's a bit of a look into (part of) the new connector between A and D (and the HUD was fixed for this one):
Sorry I was crouching, puush's default capture window command uses control.
0ce0ebf844.jpg

Here's the old B and the new B side by side, from roughly the same spot:

0f922a26f1.jpg
e021ac7700.jpg

a3 still has a long way to go before testing. I still need to rebuild Red's whole spawn I ripped out!

Nov 13, 2015
had some extra time, so had a go at updating the skybox for my little pl map, not quite there yet, but hopefully baby steps in the right directions...

new version (5 color palette, hand painted, low poly displace - still needs a lot of work!):

A48809D2FA0381D6DBDD9ECF97566F32B053A6E6

old version (too realistic, too many vertices, does not fit tf2 at all!):

96113FA57B32BB4958BEC755712BB8CE1B1AC999