[wip] ctf_temple

savageindigo

L1: Registered
Nov 11, 2008
Hello all!

I have some questions pertaining to a level I am working on. I have a problem with a "hall of mirrors" effect for the sky when I compile my map. I can see a larger version of my level in the distance, so I think my skybox doesn't have any boundaries. I can't for the life of my solve this problem.

Also, would you guys happen to know how to make one sided ctf? Only one team needs to cap a flag, the other team just has to hold them off for a certain amount of time?

Here's a copy of my map.

Also any critiques about the map and layout would be great. I plan to make the red team spawn past the temple, giving them time to set up defences against blue team.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
the problem is a leak. go to map>load pointfile and you will have a nice line pointing to your leak. seal that, complile, and load up the new pointfile. repeat until all the leaks are gone.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
i just looked at the file... it doesnt even resemble a map... theres a bunch of lights...floating, a cliff wall and a couple of skyzone textures...

savageindigo

L1: Registered
Nov 11, 2008
hey

Sorry about that. For some reason when I posted the map, most of the brushes were turned off. If you go to the bottom right and click on all of them and hit "show" you will see the map.

Thanks for the comment about the leak, I will try and fix it when I get home.

Also, I was wondering if I should be using area portals/area windows to make my map better to compile? I pretty sure I understand what an area portal is (linked to a door, opens up the rest of the level when the door opens) but I'm not sure what an area window is (allows you to look through but doesn't load the rest of the level?)

Thanks again Dox