WIP - ctf_overdose

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Tested on clan server tonight - a few minor tweaks and will upload.

overdose2s.jpg

overdose3s.jpg

overdose4s.jpg

overdose6s.jpg

overdose7s.jpg

overdose8s.jpg

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Overheads are always nice, yeah. Looks very nice anyway, it kinda fits with the TF2 style while at the same time being pretty different.

Open Blade

Nov 30, 2007
Thats a overdose of metal alright.
Maybe, but so far everybody loves the map on the server. It's fun to play and most people think it looks good too. It's not gonna win any awards but I don't really give a damn about that. If it has a little too much metal for you liking, oh well.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Meant an in game overhead... use noclip to fly above the map so we can get a visual of it.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
that's like asking for the floorplan of the white house and someone giving you the plumbing diagrams. :p

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Maybe he thought you were curious about the 'flow' of the map. ;)

I like the look of it quite a bit. Doesn't really have the 'red wood' thing going, but alot of maps don't and are fun to play. Looks maybe a tad too clean, could use some spicing up with small props...

Also curious for a mid-point shot. Is there just a hallway? Outside? Does it look like red and blu occupy the same building?

Open Blade

Nov 30, 2007
Ive never known how to do the "in game overhead". Can somebody give me step by steps and I will post it up.

It's a very small tight map. Basically two halves with a middle hallway. The middle hallway is actually 2 areas on each side that you can jump up to a 2nd level and snag the docs. Both sides go through to the other side. The middle also goes through. Kinda like hall of death but there are 2nd levels and there just more to it. The game play is like jynxed, where you have to return docs to other teams base. You can get there on the sides, or you can take a risk and go right up the gut and jump on the vent which will take you to the black and yellow striped entry.

I changed a few things today, will get some pics up soon but the only thing I cannot get working right is the damn spawn times. I want 5 seconds but just can't get it to work. I tried adding the setblueteamspawnwavetime in the auto logic but for some reason, the spawn times are the same (12 seconds). These are the values I entered:

OnMultiNewMap
tf_gamerules
setblueteamspawnwavetime
<none>

I set the same for red and also added an entry for each under OnMapSpawn and OnMultiNewRound.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
How to make an overhead,
go to console by pressing ~
type first "sv_cheats 1" without the qoutes
than you type "noclip" withouth the qoutes.
WTF i can fly :D
Now you above your map, above your roof and look down on the map and make a screenshot

Open Blade

Nov 30, 2007
How to make an overhead,
go to console by pressing ~
type first "sv_cheats 1" without the qoutes
than you type "noclip" withouth the qoutes.
WTF i can fly :D
Now you above your map, above your roof and look down on the map and make a screenshot

k - will do that tomorrow - finally got the instant respawn to work. I updated map and will test tomorrow. Should upload soon.

Open Blade

Nov 30, 2007
sorry, have not done the overhead yet becuase I have been making changes, mostly adding detail since that is what everybody was telling me about. Here are some recent pics:

overdose10s.jpg

overdose11s.jpg

overdose12s.jpg

overdose13s.jpg

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Looking good. I like the shelves with hubcaps and stuff, really 'junks' up the place. Curious if you made them non-solid. Probably a good idea just so players can move around up there better without snaggin on that stuff since it's such small details.

One thing I think you could/should improve in last shot. The tan metal walls need scaled up a bit. Not too much but at least enough to make one set of those white spots disappear. They make it very obvious that it tiles. Having 3 spots instead of 6 would be a huge improvement, maybe even scale it up enough so there are only 2 spots per wall.
I'd probably go as far as shifting the tex on the opposite wall also, that way the spots don't line up straight across from each other, that would further minimize the tiling effect.

I know, small nitpicks, but that's all I've got.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe give things a little more believabililty or purpose. Add in some doors that you can't actually use, or access hatches on those random rooms with junk in that you seem to have no way of getting in or out of.

Prop room doesn't just mean throw some props in a room with a window. Make it a believable room.