(WIP) ctf_industrial

Baysin

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2008
EDIT: I've ditched this project. I abandoned it for a long while, and when I finally got interested in mapping again, I found I'd made so many errors and sloppy mistakes that this map wasn't worth salvaging. I've started fresh and have posted a new WIP thread for the new map.

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
mind me, the way i critique is i list what im thinking and would see better changed.

Looking good so far, imo it doesn't ened to be so red, but looks good. the list.

1. Ceiling is way to low and makes it feel small/unnatural.

2. *Goes with 1* because the ceiling is so low, the map looks funny, not weird, but more like wtf?. Think like this, who would want to lay on the ground to put a thumb tac in Peru?

3. Room is very boxed. Use Vertex or sphere/clipping to round them up.

4. The desk is to close to the drop, being that close its un-natural because it would fall all the time.

5. Add some trim to the floors going around the outside. a 3 textured room hurts the eyes ='( *floor/ceiling/wall*

6. Lights feel very out of place. They aren't placed wrong at all, *maybe to many..,idk* but because they have no connecting beam, or wire or anything up there with them, they feel like they don't belong.

Some stuff to work on at least. keep it up!

Koei

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 23, 2008
I think he is sitting on something on the 2nd and 3rd screen. Height seems fine to me, could be a bit heigher though. Just a bit, so there is some space above the worldmap in the back.

Tokit

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2008
Add some trim, like a hazard strip around the intel capture area. Add a smaller step going up to the platform that the intel/desk is on. Maybe make the intel platform rounded.

Be sure to add some trim around the room also. A window too if you can.

Baysin

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2008
Hmmm some good advice there, thanks everyone. I realized after I posted that I had utterly forgotten to put an intel capture zone in, which is obviously sort of an important feature. I also hadn't added in outlets, conduits, etc, and I wasn't sure if anyone would notice, but obviously you did, so that's no problem to add.

Yes, the shot is elevated on the 2nd and 3rd pictures. In the 2nd I'm standing on the desk chair, in the 3rd I'm on the computer cabinets, so the perspective is shifted for those two, if that's throwing anyone off.

Peru? Who worries about Peru when they're plotting to take over the world?
Bah, you've got a point though. :) Wish you could resize models. I know, I know, make your own.... just not sure if I want to mess with that at this point.

Does the lighting itself (not the fixtures) seem good? I struggled with that for a bit, trying to make sure everything was properly lit without being too bright. No one mentioned it, which I take to be a good sign.