[WIP] ctf_deathflag_alpha1

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by Armadillo of Doom, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Edit 1: Just going on a hunch, I've moved the pics to this post.

An update :) Added lights, a 3rd level, and more. As before, what I really need is feedback on the design. Because of the unique environment, I'm really not sure what kind of props to add or how. I figure getting the design finalized will be a big help towards that end.

Download http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=614

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Seems like your HUD's all messed up.

I see an intel hanging over a pool of water, that's intersting. Looks like this map is filled with traps and stuff, am I right?

3. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, the hud is working as intended, lol. The map is reverse-ctf w/ one flag. I considered adding various traps, but there simply isn't any room, unless I wanted to make the whole thing bigger.

4. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    Bumpity. Finally updated the first alpha :) And new pics!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  5. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The multicolored lights seem a little out of place. Love the spike walls though, nice touch.

6. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    I'm also rather fond of the spikes:) I think it helps to bring home the sense of being in a grand arena deathmatch for peoples entertainment, lol. As for the lights, I tried to create the type of rafter spotlight rigging that you find at concerts and such.

7. TotalMark

TotalMark L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pros: It makes me think of Smash TV or The Running Man.
    Cons: It is a tad dark in spots, but I think you're going for a "mood" here.

The spike pits have a nodraw texture in front of them, and the texture for the chain model hasn't been included in the bsp.

Excellent map.

8. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the info m8 :) The running man/mad max feel is the mood I'm trying to create w/ the environment. Those errors are strange considering that everything else seemed to pack correctly. But that's what alpha is for.

9. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Looks waaay too dark 4 me.. But we'll see it ingame. Also, u should try color correction 4 more mood if ya want.