[WIP] cp_something

bomc

L2: Junior Member
Sep 25, 2008
Work In Progress

So, this is my first map EVER. It is a simple symmetric 3cp map. It started as an orange map, but it was too boring to look at, so i made a few changes and made it a big house instead, and i got this awesome idea for the middle point. i hope it will work, because as it is now i think the first team that captures the middle will probably build a sentry-farm, making it very hard for the other team to capture it. But i cant say anything yet, since it haven't got any testing yet.

I haven't found a name for the map yet, so any suggestions would be cool, here are some of my own suggestions, but they aren't very good.

cp_bomb_factory (or just cp_factory??)
I could make more cranes and factory-stuff in the map, and make it look like a place where people made bombs for the payload carts.

cp_warehouse
I dunno where this came from, but it sounds ok.

Nothing on the pictures is final.
This is what i've got so far:

middledb5.jpg

The middlepoint.
The platform is rotating slowly, just to add some extra cheese on the pizza.

bluspawn1ur9.jpg

One blu spawnroom

bluspawn2gi8.jpg

The other blu spawnroom

housexg4.jpg

One of the two sidehouses. It has 2 paths to the middle point, and can be accessed from both sides.

blupointrw5.jpg

The blu base and controlpoint

I will upload it as soon as i have a playable version.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Nice, not bad, the only thing i can tell right now is make sure those steel wires look taught and don't have that much slack since they're holding that platform up.

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Ohh... Hmmm, Valve! Horrible Prop! making me think it was ropes and a brush!

bomc

Sep 25, 2008
Its the same platform as in the middlepoint of well, but in well the platform is not floating in the air, wich is why the ropes are slack...
Maybe i'll add some more wires to the platform, so it looks more like the ropes are actually holding the platform up.. if i ever learn how lol:D

bomc

Sep 25, 2008
Keep it cp_something. Instantly memorable :D

hmm... you just gave me some awesome name-ideas

cp_somewhere
cp_nowhere
cp_noideas
cp_noname
cp_allgoodnamesweretaken
cp_emanon (noname backbards)
cp_erehwon (or just erewon??) (nowhere backwards)
cp_saedion or cp_aedion (noidea(s) backwards)
cp_nekaterewsemandooglla :)mellow:)
cp_ten.spam2ft (omg im bored) tf2maps --> tf2spam???
cp_derob (bored backwards)
cp_pc
cp_emosewa (awesome backwards)

or maybe just a name that has something to do with the map

raeywen yppah

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
I like the factory idea, more cranes and possibly a room you cant get into with pl carts on a conveyor belt with glass windows so you can see in. :)

EDIT: On the 3rd screenshot are those 2 carts floating?

bomc

Sep 25, 2008
I like the factory idea, more cranes and possibly a room you cant get into with pl carts on a conveyor belt with glass windows so you can see in. :)

EDIT: On the 3rd screenshot are those 2 carts floating?

Good idea! I think i'l use it ;)'

No, the carts are hangin on hooks (yes it looks a little stupid, im gonna change it)

redbombsit6.jpg

bomc

Sep 25, 2008
That sounds like a believable and cool name for a factory, actually. == :rolleyes:

:thumbup: hmm i'll use that then :p

But if the name for some reason screws up and destroys data on my PC, makes my monitor explode in your face, set's my house on fire, kills me, causes everyone on the planet (and beyond) to try to kill me, hacks into a nearby nuclear misile and targets my house, changes my bank balance to $0, gets me banned from tf2, sucks me into the computer and plays pong with me (with me as ball), causes secret agencies to come after me, makes me believe i've got maggots crawling under my skin, turns my room into a gate to hell, becomes sentient and starts killing everyone on this planet or gets me sent to jail with a guy named big bubba, its your fault.

Theres nothing like being bored and typing long irrelevant posts the day after new years evening :p:p

bomc

Sep 25, 2008
Whatever, here's a overwiev of the map. The 4 red and blue boxes are spawns, and the blue areas (exept in the spawnroom, and on the stairs) are lower areas.

factory1vs5.jpg

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Hmmm, this is interesting, what exactly did you use to make this layout, def. doesn't look like hammer.

bomc

Sep 25, 2008
its just a screenshot from hammer mixed with my awesome draw-with-mouse-skills...
I used gimp

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
Ohh, haha, now I see it. For some reason not many people post grid shots of their map from hammer. So it looked like another program that you laid it out in. =P